TRIO Success Center
Get Personalized Support Through Trio!
TRIO Student Support Services is a diverse community of motivated students who are empowered to use their core values and strengths to reach their graduation, transfer and career goals. Eligible students are paired with a professional college Success Coach who will collaborate with them to inspire academic and individual growth with personalized advising from the first day of college through graduation. TRIO supports student success and engagement through peer connections, workshops, and events that cultivate the skills needed to stay on track, overcome challenges and thrive in college.
What will TRIO offer you?
- College success planning for graduation, career or transfer
- Instruction in math, writing, reading, financial literacy and study skills
- Tutoring services and mentoring programs
- Academic, financial aid, and personal coaching
- Assistance in securing admission and financial aid for enrollment in 4-year institutions after graduation
- Career exploration
- Direct scholarships to current participants who are receiving Federal Pell Grants
Your TRIO Coach will collaborate with CMCC staff and faculty advisors to support you on your path to success!
As a TRIO participant, you will also beneﬁt from a close connection with other TRIO students. During the academic year, TRIO participants:
- Participate in workshops and activities designed to assist with financial planning and academic success
- Benefit from peer mentoring and relationships
- Engage in leadership opportunities
- Access and deepen their internal drive to persevere and adapt
Who is eligible to participate in TRIO?
All current and new CMCC students are encouraged to complete a TRIO Interest Form. We can help you determine if you are eligible to participate and would benefit from this program.
TRIO eligibility is based on a few important factors:
- Students are or will be working on their first college degree
- Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Students must be in need of and able to benefit from academic support
Students must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student, meaning neither of your parents or guardians graduated from a four-year college
- Have financial need, defined as being Pell Grant eligible and/or meeting certain government guidelines for taxable income
- Have a documented physical, medical, psychological or learning disability
Central Maine Community College TRIO Student Support Service program receives 100% of its funding through an annual US education grant in the amount of $596,999.