Transfer Credit

Transferring To Central Maine Community College

If you’ve earned college credit, let us know! Transfer credits are evaluated and awarded to students once accepted into a program of study at Central Maine Community College. As long as the coursework you want to transfer is equivalent to our requirements, and passed with a grade of C or better, we will award transfer credit.

How to Request Transfer Credits:

  1. Review CMCC’s program requirements in the college catalog, identifying comparable courses which you have completed at another college.
  2. Contact the Office of the Registrar at your previous college and ask them to send an official academic transcript of your coursework to the Office of the Registrar at Central Maine Community College. Student provided copies cannot be accepted.
  3. Please have official transcripts mailed to:
    Central Maine Community College
    C/O Office of the Registrar
    1250 Turner Street
    Auburn, ME 04210
  4. Contact CMCC’s Office of the Registrar at (207) 755-5292 to verify we have received your official transcript. Your transfer credit will be received and approved by the director of registration and records or their designee, and may require consultation with the appropriate faculty.
  5. After your request has been evaluated, we will send you a copy of the results.

Although college credit earned may count toward a degree, grades for transferred courses will not be included in computing the grade point average (GPA). CMCC reserves the right to test your skills or abilities prior to granting transfer credit. The final decision regarding acceptance of all prior learning credits rests with CMCC.

Transferring from Central Maine Community College

Please view how to request an Official Academic Transcript if you are transferring from CMCC to another institution.


Read More