Police Operations Advanced Certificate
The Police Operations Advanced Certificate in intended to provide upper-level law knowledge, skills, and preparatory training for students entering the field of law enforcement. Students will enhance their understanding of police practice, building on what they learned in an associate degree program in Criminal Justice or related field.
STUDENTS GAIN KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE BY:
- Enhancing skills and understanding of police practice
- Building upon the foundation of a completed Criminal Justice program or related field experience
- Demonstrating acceptable tolerance of stressful situations and apply stress reduction techniques
- Demonstrating working knowledge of Maine law enforcement agencies and related organizations
- Exhibiting knowledge of police operations and procedures
- Demonstrating effective defense tactics and deescalation techniques
- Demonstrating knowledge of criminal court proceedings and relevant case law
SPECIAL ADMISSIONS CRITERIA
- Associate degree with cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale in a criminal justice or related program
- Criminal background check
- Physical screening
- Oral board interview
Screenings and interviews are based on minimum standards of entrance into the Maine Criminal Justice Academy.