Once You’re Accepted and FAQ

Once You've Been Accepted

Once you’ve been accepted to CMCC, you’ll complete some easy steps to finalize your admission!

Please read all information on this page before contacting the Office of Admissions. Answers to many frequently asked questions are found on this page.

Step 1: Tuition Deposit

The tuition deposit is a small portion of a student’s bill, showing they are committed to attending CMCC and is common among colleges and universities. Once accepted, the $75 tuition deposit, credited toward your first-semester bill, must be submitted to reserve your seat and register for your first semester classes. Programs and courses often fill up quickly.

The tuition deposit is non-refundable. Please note, your tuition deposit (not housing) can be waived with financial aid. Once you receive your financial aid award letter, contact the Office of Admissions and let us know.

To pay online (strongly recommended):

  • Log into CMConnect; refer to your acceptance letter for login instructions.
  • Click the “Admissions” tab.
  • Choose “Online Deposit Payments.”
  • Choose “Online Tuition Deposit.”

You may pay over the phone by calling the Business Office at (207) 755-5219 or mail your deposit to:

Central Maine Community College
C/O Business Office
1250 Turner Street
Auburn, ME 04210

Step 2: Orientation Day

After the College has received your tuition deposit, we’ll set up an orientation date with you that fits your schedule. At orientation, you’ll select your courses, finalize any financial aid materials, learn about academic policies, get your college ID card, and meet other incoming students.

Step 3: Immunizations/Health and Emergency Contact Forms

Please complete and return the Health and Emergency Contact Form and the Immunization Record Form. Maine State Law requires this, and you won’t be able to register for your second semester until it is submitted. You can do so by having your physician complete the back of the Immunization Record Form or by providing copies of your immunization records. Records may be emailed to enroll@cmcc.edu.

  • Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) (two dates of administration)
  • Diptheria-tetanus booster (within the last 10 years)
Step 4: Submit Your Final Official Transcripts

CMCC accepts electronic transcripts, which the respective school must send to enroll@cmcc.edu or mail physical copies to:

Central Maine Community College
C/O Office of Admissions
1250 Turner Street
Auburn, ME 04210

Recent High School Graduates

If you recently graduated from high school and applied during your senior year, make sure your guidance office sends your official final transcript to CMCC. Transcript(s) must be received in a sealed envelope from the high school to be considered official.

College Applicants

If you were completing courses at a different college during the admissions application process, please request your official college transcript(s) with final grades be sent to CMCC. Transcript(s) must be received directly from the college to be considered official in a sealed envelope.

Step 5: Housing Application & Deposit

If you plan to live on campus, please complete the Residence Hall Application that we will have sent to you and submit the $100 housing deposit. We strongly encourage you to submit your housing deposit online, as housing is on a first-come, first-serve basis. The sooner we can process your application and deposit, the sooner we can ensure you have a spot in the residence halls.

You can submit your deposit in one of four ways:

  1. Pay over the phone by calling (207) 755-5219
  2. Pay online:
    1. Log into CMConnect; refer to your acceptance letter for login instructions
    2. Click the “Admissions” tab
    3. Choose “Online Deposit Payments”
    4. Choose “Online Housing Deposit”
  3. Pay at the Business Office window in Jalbert Hall
  4. Pay by check and send to:
    Central Maine Community College
    C/O Office of Admissions
    1250 Turner Street
    Auburn, ME, 04210
Step 6: Disability Coordinator Registration

Individuals with a documented disability for which you may need accommodations are strongly encouraged to contact our disabilities coordinator at (207) 755-5277 or disabilityservices@cmcc.edu as soon as possible.

Learn more about Disability Services at CMCC.


Frequently Asked Questions

Below are answers to additional questions people often ask, not answered in the drop-down areas above.

Transcripts and Credits

Why is a preliminary and final transcript required from the same school?

A preliminary transcript means not every class has a final grade yet, and temporarily suffices until a final transcript can be produced. The Office of Admissions does not know if a student is in ongoing classes with the school until one of these documents arrives.

Will my college credit transfer and how do I find out if my credit did transfer?

CMCC requires all prior college transcripts to enroll regardless of age, credit earned, or grades earned. Typically, credit earned with a C or better within the last ten years has a good chance of transferring in. The Office of the Registrar begins the credit review after a student completes all admission-related requirements.

Near the end of the enrollment process, your transfer credit information will be available to you on your CMConnect Student Portal under the Students tab. Login Instructions

I earned college credit in high school. Do I need to send my college transcript?

Yes, an official transcript from the awarding college/university is required. CMCC accepts electronic transcripts, which the respective school must send to enroll@cmcc.edu or mail physical copies to:

Central Maine Community College
C/O Office of Admissions
1250 Turner Street
Auburn, ME 04210

How do I send my high school transcript or Adult Diploma/GED/HiSET?

By contacting the school you are currently attending or have graduated from, they can send us an electronic transcript using the email enroll@cmcc.edu. In many cases, the Guidance Office is the department you would want to connect with.

How do I send my college transcript?

Many colleges are listed on the National Student Clearinghouse which allows you to make an online transcript request. If you are currently in college courses, then a preliminary transcript will suffice until a final transcript reporting grades for all your courses can be produced.  If your college/university is not on the National Student Clearinghouse site, check your college/university website for a transcript request form or contact their records office.

Test Scores

How do I send my AP scores to be reviewed for college credit?

College Board only mails AP scores. It is in your best interest to request these as soon as possible. Log into your College Board account and request your scores to be mailed to:

Central Maine Community College
C/O Office of Admissions
1250 Turner Street
Auburn, ME 04210

How do I send my SAT/ACT scores to CMCC?

A simple screenshot will do the trick. Please make sure the screenshot includes your name, section scores, and date taken. Email this screenshot to enroll@cmcc.edu.

I did not take the SAT/ACT. Does CMCC require test scores?

CMCC is test-optional and accepts exam scores if you have them. If you do not, CMCC will use multiple measures to assess your English and Math placement using your transcripts and other methods. Call the Admissions office at 207-755-5273.

Nursing Program

How do I get into the Nursing program at CMCC?

Special Nursing program application-admissions requirements may be found on the ‘Info on Applying‘ page.

How do I submit my TEAS scores?

You may submit a digital image of your TEAS results to enroll@cmcc.edu. The image should contain your name, date of the exam, and the section/overall scores of the exam.

CMCC ID Card and Public Transportation

How do I get my CMCC ID card?

After you have registered for classes, visit Central Services, located on the first floor of Jalbert Hall. You must bring a copy of your CMCC class schedule.

Does public transportation go to CMCC?

Yes. CMCC is serviced by citylink. CMCC students may ride citylink buses for free by showing their current CMCC student ID card. For more information about citylink services, including maps and schedules, visit the citylink website.



Read More