Veterans Educational Benefits & Support

Central Maine Community College has been designated as a 2021-2022 Military Friendly® School by G.I. Jobs, the premier publication for military personnel transitioning into civilian life.

Thank you for your service, and for considering CMCC as the place to continue your education.  At CMCC, you will have a dedicated academic advisor to assist you with registering for your courses.  We evaluate your military transcripts for possible transfer credit, saving you time and money in pursuit of your degree.

CMCC also offers in-state tuition rates ($96 per credit) to all veterans, active-duty military personnel, their spouses, and their children.  CMCC participates in the GI Bill®, Federal Tuition Assistance for active duty personnel, the MyCAA program for spouses of active duty personnel, the Title IV education programs such as the Pell Grant, and the State of Maine tuition and fee waiver program.  Our Student Financial Services team works to ensure that your veteran and military benefits, along with any federal and state financial aid, are applied together to remove any financial barriers to attending college.

Be sure to complete the steps for admission to CMCC.  Start by completing the application for admission and providing all prior education transcripts.

While not required, we strongly encourage all students to apply for financial aid by completing the FASFA at

Please review the sections below that apply to you, and contact our Student Financial Services department at (207) 755-5328 or at if you have questions.

GI Bill® (Montgomery and Post 9/11) & Dependents Education Assistance (Chapter 35)

Steps for the GI Bill® (Montgomery and Post 9/11) and Dependents Education Assistance (Chapter 35) programs

  • Go to to complete the application for benefits
  • Allow VA 30-45 days to process the application
  • You will receive a Certificate of Eligibility in the mail or through e-mail. Forward it to CMCC Student Financial Services at; put Attention: SCO in the subject line.
  • The CMCC SCO (school certifying official) will update your records with the College to note that you will be receiving benefits.
Maine Tuition & Fee Waiver Program

Steps for the State of Maine Tuition and Fee Waiver program

  • Spouses and children of eligible veterans may receive up to 120 credits of free tuition and fees while attending CMCC.
  • Go to to review information about the program and to download the program application.
  • Complete the application and mail it, along with the required supporting documentation, to the address at the top of the application.
  • The State will mail you a letter of eligibility and will contact CMCC to confirm eligibility.
Additional Resources

Additional Resources

  • The GI Bill® Comparison Tool is available to help veterans choose the right GI Bill® program that best fits their educational goals.
  • The College Scorecard is a planning tool and resource to assist prospective students and their families.
  • The College Navigator is a consumer tool that provides school information to include tuition and fees, retention and graduation rates, uses of financial aid, student loan default rates, and features a cost calculator and school comparison tool.
  • The Paying for College site allows prospective students to enter the names of up to three schools and then receive detailed financial information on each one and enter actual financial aid award information.


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

Read More