CMCC COVID-19 Updates
Information and Updates
Effective February 9, 2023, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 is no longer required for students to enroll in on-campus courses or access in-person services.
Due to external site requirements (mainly hospitals), students in the Nursing and Medical Assistant programs will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to attending their first in-person class.
Further, COVID-19 vaccination and corresponding boosters are strongly recommended.
If you have questions, please contact the COVID Response Team at email@example.com.
VISITING CAMPUS AND WEARING MASKS
Individuals coming to campus no longer need to complete the daily pre-screening form. Masks continue to be optional unless an individual has tested positive for COVID-19 and is returning to campus during the 6-10 day window after testing positive or developing symptoms.
If you are experiencing symptoms or test positive for COVID-19, please email the COVID Response team at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. In your email, please provide the following information:
- When you began experiencing symptoms or when you tested positive
- When and where you were last on campus
- Your vaccination status
- A good contact phone number
A member of the COVID Response team will be in touch to provide isolation guidelines, a return-to-campus date, and conduct contact tracing if necessary.
- June 22, 2022 All students attending classes in person are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- January 2022 The Centers for Disease Control updated the guidelines for quarantine and isolation. Please consult this COVID-19-Isolation-Flow-Chart for the most recent guidance for those who test positive for COVID-19.
- December 21, 2022 All students attending classes in person are required to receive a COVID-19 vaccine booster for the Spring 2022 semester
- August 12, 2021 All students attending classes in person are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 this fall
- July 28 2021 Face coverings are required for ALL staff, faculty, students, and visitors inside campus facilities, regardless of vaccination status
- January 21, 2021 A Message to Students About the Spring Semester In-Person Instruction Start Date
- December 16, 2020 A Message to Students About the Spring Semester Remote Start from Interim President Libby
- November 11, 2020 A Message to Students About the Spring Semester
- August 18, 2020 Official Return to Campus Plan and A Message from President Knapp and Vice President Libby
- July 9, 2020 A Message About the Fall Semester from President Knapp and Vice President Libby
- June 17, 2020. A Message to Students from Dean of Students Nick Hamel about the Fall 2020 Semester.
- May 20, 2020: Financial Assistance for Students through the Federal CARES Act.
- April 16, 2020: Message about Student Support; Summer Session Online; Internet & Computer Access; Returning Rented Books; Graduation Info; Student Activities; Financial Aid.
- March 25, 2020: Transcript Requests Now Fully Online; A Message from Dean of Student Services Nicholas Hamel (campus closed to students and the general public; CMCC Parking Lot Computer Lab; resources to help students by email and CMConnect; new withdraw dates with no academic penalty; virtual clubs and events coming soon)
- March 19, 2020: Message to current students about online resources for remote learning success, and a new email address for current students with questions.
- March 18, 2020: Access Points for Main College Buildings
- March 17, 2020: Message from President Knapp regarding academic affairs, student affairs, campus housing, faculty/staff and on-campus services, Annual Dinner, facility use and college-sponsored events, and finance
- March 16, 2020: Non-Academic Services Closings
- March 13, 2020: Event Cancellations
- March 12, 2020: Message from President Knapp to students regarding extended spring break/li>
- March 11, 2020: New Travel Guidance, Campus Events, High-Risk Employee and Students
If you do not find the information you are looking for on this website; on the MCCS COVID-19 information page; or with one of the departments listed below; or you are unsure of who to contact; email us at email@example.com.
Business Office/Student Billing