Building Construction Technology In-House
Through a combination of classroom study, mock-ups, and live projects, students in the Building Construction Technology Program obtain hands-on experience and become broadly familiar with methods, standards, and codes commonly associated with the construction industry.
Students have the option of completing a degree or one-year certificate.
STUDENTS GAIN KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE THROUGH:
- Classroom study, interpretation of construction documents, print reading, sketches, mock-ups, cost estimates, and live projects.
- Concentration on core communication, construction skills and progression at an individual rate matching individual growth. Fundamental construction skills are assessed periodically through competency testing.
- Assigning projects based on student abilities to allow project time to more closely follow job-site practices.
- Establishing a working ePortfolio of growth and accomplishments as an eResume, illustrating strength, commitment, and focus prospective employers seek.
GRADUATES MAY PURSUE CAREERS WITH:
- Residential, light commercial, institutional, or heavy construction
- Building materials supply
- Prefabrication shops for modular units or custom cabinetry
WITH ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION, GRADUATES MAY BE EMPLOYED AS:
- Project engineer/manager
- Self-employment or general contracting
- Building inspection
- Code enforcement