The Restaurant Management associate in applied science degree is geared for students who wish to pursue a career in restaurant/hospitality management. The program focuses on food service and lodging management.
Graduates will be prepared for managerial, supervisory or ownership positions which require skills in culinary arts and business practices.
GRADUATES WILL HAVE KNOWLEDGE IN:
- The research, design, and preparation of dishes and menus using cooking and baking techniques used in a professional kitchen
- Researching and preparation of dishes and menus for specific dietary needs and concerns
- Safety and sanitation laws and regulations
- Operational procedures of a small to medium-sized restaurant
- The legal environment and regulations of the food service industry
- Financial performance of a small to medium-sized restaurant
Alignment of program learning outcomes to courses in the program.