Maine Workforce Development Compact
Join the Compact
Employers of all sizes are struggling to find skilled workers. The Center for Workforce and Professional Development at Central Maine Community College is here to help!
With access to $60 million in grant funding, the Harold Alfond Center for the Advancement of Maine’s Workforce and the Center for Workforce and Professional Development are partnering with businesses and associations through the Maine Workforce Development Compact. Compact membership is completely free and it provides vital training services to help your business recruit, engage, and retain employees.
Compact Member Benefits
- Up to $1,200 per front-line worker through December 2022; up to a $1,200 match available in 2023 and 2024
- Community college scholarships for staff to continue acquiring skills in pursuit of a degree or credit of value
- An advisor to assist with course selection, textbooks, tutoring services, and other resources to ensure continued success
- Maintenance of employee training records
The training(s) can be customized for your business or include pre-existing for-credit and non-credit traditional classes. Training can occur on campus, via a third-party vendor, or in-house.
How to Join
- Complete the short online application
- Complete the Memorandum of Agreement by clicking on the link in the confirmation email