Planning, Research & Public Affairs
The Department of Planning & Public Affairs
The Department of Planning & Public Affairs is responsible for publicity; media and community relations; brand management; the College website and campus newsletter; institutional research and planning; grants management; and the CM Education Foundation.
The mission of the Office of Planning and Public Affairs is fourfold:
- Provide and coordinate accurate, usable information for planning, reporting, and assessment of academic and administrative programs in support of the College’s accreditation, mission, strategic plan, and ongoing institutional improvement.
- Promote the College’s students, programs and services through community, legislative and media relations; marketing and advertising; the newsletter, website, social media, and campus digital media.
- Pursue and manage federal and state grants to allow the College to augment its annual operating budget, stimulate innovation, and meet the unique needs of our region.
- Oversee all major fundraising and development efforts and provide administrative support to the CM Education Foundation Board of Directors.
For media inquiries please view our media information/press kit and contact:
Director of Marketing and Communications
(207) 755-5248 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Noel K. Gallagher
Director of Communications and Public Affairs
Maine Community College System
207-629-4028 (o) / 207-632-3659 (c)
The Office of Institutional Research
The Office of Institutional Research is the official source of institutional data related to the College. The office handles a wide array of reports required by state and federal authorities along with information and data requests from internal and external organizations. The Director conducts numerous surveys of student satisfaction in order to provide data for strategic planning, program review and benchmarking projects with which CMCC has partnered.
Director of Institutional Research
(207) 755-5358or email@example.com
The Maine Community College Board of Trustees recognizes the importance of continuous improvement in the pursuit of excellence through self-evaluation and assessment. The objectives of the program review process are to attain the highest quality of education and service; to assure its graduates possess the occupational and academic skills required by employers; and to provide an experience which inspires lifelong learning.
The Board of Trustees retains the authority to review each academic program offered by the colleges. Each college shall evaluate such academic programs every five years and report such evaluations to the appropriate committee of the Board of Trustees; provided that, for academic programs accredited by a national authority and evaluated by such authorities pursuant to a site visit or report(s), a college need only inform such committee of the evaluations provided by such authorities.
The Program Review Report to the Education Committee of the Board of Trustees of the Maine Community College System apprises the governing board of the outcomes of the review of academic programs of study offered by the Community Colleges. This appraisal is facilitated by a report which includes a brief program description, program data, targeted career and continuing education opportunities, strengths, challenges, and planned steps for continuous improvements.
|RECENT PROGRAM REVIEWS
STUDENT SATISFACTION SURVEYS