Through the application of scientific reasoning and research, students will understand, predict and effectively address the behavior of individuals and groups. The curriculum in this program provides a foundation for employment in public service or transfer to a four-year institution.
Complete your degree on campus or choose a 100% online option.
Upon completion the graduate will be able to:
- Describe major concepts, principles and themes that explain human thought and behavior
- Utilize behavioral science reasoning to understand, predict and effectively address the behavior of individuals and groups
- Apply foundational theory and conceptual frameworks to social issues through analysis and research
- Develop strategies for effective communication in professional settings
- Understand the complexity of socio-cultural diversity and social inequality in the inquiry and analysis of psychological issues
Graduates may pursue careers in the following fields:
- Behavioral Health
- Community or Home Health
- Family Advocacy
- Youth Counseling