Question 5 on the November 6th ballot will make critical investments in all seven of Maine’s community colleges, providing access to a low-cost education that delivers the skills Maine people and Maine businesses need to prosper.
Question 5 asks:
“Do you favor a $15,000,000 bond issue to improve educational programs by upgrading facilities at all 7 of Maine’s community colleges in order to provide Maine people with access to high-skill, low-cost technical and career education?”
How will the bond directly affect Central Maine Community College?
Central Maine Community College will receive $2,503,755. This funding will be used specifically to:
- Renovate and expand the Nursing simulation labs;
- Renovate the Automotive Technology wing and classrooms;
- Improve energy efficiency and install a back-up generator.
For the seven colleges within the Maine Community College System, Question 5 invests in:
- New and expanded occupational programming tied to good jobs in the Maine economy;
- Renovation and expansion of instructional laboratories and classrooms;
- New instructional technologies;
- System-wide improvements in information technology; and
- Energy upgrades and efficiencies leading to long-term savings.