EMPLOYER: York County Sheriff's OfficeWebsite
YORK COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE, Maine
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Enforces federal and state laws, court orders, and warrants.
· Conducts investigations and writes reports on incidents involving area of duty.
· Patrols assigned areas to detect and prevent crime; answers call for service and assistance, make arrests.
· Investigates criminal complaints and accidents; conducts crime and accident scene analysis.
· Enforces motor vehicle laws by stopping violators and taking appropriate enforcement action.
· Assists investigators and personnel from the District Attorney’s office in the preparation of cases for trial; testifies in court.
· Prepares timely and accurate reports, reviews investigative, arrest, accident, and supplemental reports for accuracy.
· Questions witnesses and complainants; investigates suspects.
· Attends community meetings; organizes neighborhood watches; makes presentations to churches, schools, civic organizations, and business leaders; participates in agency volunteer programs.
· Writes and executes search warrants; serves warrants, court orders, and subpoenas.
· Maintains assigned vehicle, firearms, and other equipment.
· Directs traffic as needed.
· Collects and maintains evidence; ensures proper chain of custody.
· U.S. Citizen
· HS diploma or GED
· Be 21 years of age at the date of hire 
· No criminal record
· Possess a valid driver’s license w/acceptable motor vehicle record
· Able to read and write at a level necessary to master the law enforcement basic training course
· Good character and reputation
· Successfully complete all hiring steps (see below)
Maine Criminal Justice Academy full-time law enforcement officer certification or full-time law enforcement officer from another state that is accepted by the MCJA.
Applicants Must Successfully Complete:
Pre-Screen Interview, Oral Interview(s), Background Investigation, Physical Agility Test , Medical Screening, Psychological Screening , Polygraph Examination, and Firearms Qualification.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive wages with lateral entry consideration and full benefit package inclusive with a county health insurance plan, county issued police vehicle, and retirement options.
You must provide the complete application package (listed below);
1. Employment Application & Personal History Statement
CLOSE DATE: Open until filled
The ENTIRE application package may be mailed or dropped off at:
York County Human Resources
Attn: Linda Corliss
45 Kennebunk Road
Alfred, ME 04002
Physical Address: 149 Jordan Springs Road, Alfred, ME 04002
(207) 459-2500, Monday through Friday 8:00 – 4:00 PM
The application can also be faxed to (207) 324-9494 or emailed to email@example.com
The application can be found online by downloading only and printing from the county website: http://www.yorkcountymaine.gov/careers-law-enforcement
York County Government is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran Status.
 unless the applicant has an associate degree or 60 credit hours of post-secondary education in which case the applicant must be at least 20 years of age.
 &  May be waived for current LEO