EMPLOYER: Woodfords Family ServicesWebsite
Actively hiring Ed Techs to be Teacher’s Assistants in our New Gloucester, Waterville and Westbrook preschools and K-5 Special Purpose Private Schools.
Our Ed Techs teach and support preschool students ages 2 to 5 or students in kindergarten through 5th grade with autism and developmental disabilities to learn skills that help them to be successful in their homes, schools, and communities.
Work alongside like-minded coworkers, witness and celebrate the gains and successes of your students.
Compensation for Preschool Teachers:
$14.00 to $18.00 hourly (hourly rate depends on education, work location, and experience)
- Monday – Friday: 8am to 3:30pm
- 37.5 hours weekly
- Year-round (including summer) schedule
Our employees are our most valuable asset!
That’s why at Woodfords Family Services we are committed to a comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees stay healthy, feel secure and maintain a work/life balance.
We have a comprehensive benefits package for our full-time Ed Techs/Teacher’s Assistants:
- Health Insurance with multiple plan options to meet your needs
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Employer-Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Group Term Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP Benefits)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan w/Agency Match
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Opportunities for Advancement within Woodfords Family Services
- Paid Training and Certification
- Professional Development
- Woodfords Family Services is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Woodfords is committed to support employees who are eligible for the PSLF Program with necessary documentation. To learn more visit: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
Our Teacher Assistants:
- Are compassionate, committed and energetic people!
- Thrive in a supportive environment where there is a shared passion for helping others.
- Want to continue to practice and build on their communication skills.
- Enjoy the opportunity to solve problems in a creative way.
- Appreciate patience and understanding and want to be in a work environment where these traits are practiced and valued.
- If you are dynamic individual who wants to positively impact the lives of preschool students with special needs and their families we encourage you to apply!
Key Qualifications of our Teacher Assistants/Ed Techs:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of 60 to 90 credit hours preferred; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred, in special education, early childhood or a related field.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the field preferred.
- Desire to work with children with special needs.
- Ability to work a year-round, Monday-Friday, 8:00am – 3:30pm schedule.
- Good documentation skills.
- A positive attitude and high energy level.
Role of Ed Techs/Teacher Assistants in our Classrooms:
- Work directly with students providing hands-on guidance while helping them meet their individualized goals.
- Help guide students toward fulfilling their potential for cognitive, social and emotional growth and maturation.
- Be a key member of the Early Childhood Education program working independently with a student and cooperatively with a like-minded team, including BCBAs.
We invest in our employees and provide employees with on-going paid training & opportunities for advancement!
We take the time to teach our Ed Techs the skills and strategies needed to be successful in our classrooms. We offer on-going supervision.
Woodfords Family Services has been committed to the support and inclusion of people with special needs and their families since 1967.
For more than 50 years, our agency has been Maine’s leader in the provision of services for individuals and their families with autism, developmental and intellectual disabilities.