Technical Manager, Certified Energy Manager – Industrial Plant Engineering – R02224
EMPLOYER: Woodard and Curran, Inc.
Woodard & Curran is a national engineering, science, and operations firm with a simple vision for clean water, a safe environment, healthy communities, and happy people. As an employee-owned company, we strive to cultivate diverse teams and encourage collaboration in an inclusive, equitable culture. We seek talented individuals from all backgrounds to help us address a broad range of water and environmental issues. We prioritize our people, offering opportunities for professional growth, ownership, and flexibility. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet.
Who We Are Looking For:
In response to the growing demand on our clients to reduce their carbon and water footprints, Woodard & Curran is offering a unique opportunity for an individual to lead engineering consulting and design projects focused on the optimization of energy and utility systems for our industrial clients in the Food & Beverage, Consumer Goods, and diversified manufacturing industries.
The successful candidate will join our Industrial Plant Engineering Practice that provides high-quality engineering, design, and design-build services to industrial and commercial clients throughout the U.S. They will have the technical experience to lead facility assessments focused on energy, utility, and water consumption, recommend operational and capital improvements and develop designs for their implementation. The individual will provide technical mentorship to a talented team of engineers. They will be a motivated professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and a demonstrated commitment to providing sustainable solutions while exercising a passion for innovation and technical excellence.
The position requires a strong communicator and demonstrated ability to lead and mentor project teams.
What’s in it for You:
* Woodard & Curran is a privately held firm whose values begin with putting Employees first.
* Flexible work environment and competitive benefits.
* Strong bonus potential.
* Work with internationally recognized clients.
* External Association and Committee involvement is encouraged and supported.
What You Will Be Doing at Woodard & Curran:
The ability to grow and succeed as a firm is a direct function of the technical expertise we develop within the firm. As such, our success is directly related to our technical experts’ abilities to innovate and differentiate the firm in the marketplace based on expertise. A Technical Manager demonstrates a commitment to staying at the forefront of technical approaches in their expertise and contributing innovation and project delivery within the areas where the expertise applies. Specific areas of focus include:
* Provide technical leadership to staff in the Industrial Plant Engineering practice, supporting project delivery across multiple business units.
* Support the firm’s capture of the high-growth ESG & Sustainability market by assisting our clients in achieving their organizational goals by upgrading, rehabilitating, and managing facility assets to achieve verifiable reductions in energy, utility, and water consumption.
* Support our clients in developing efficiency improvement strategies, financial business cases, and projects across process, mechanical, electrical, and building infrastructure, analyzing the optimum solutions to reduce energy consumption cost-effectively.
* Assist with proposal preparation for the pursuit of new clients and project opportunities.
* Conduct research and innovate within project opportunities to implement new and improved methods to execute solutions for our work.
* Develop and lead monitoring and analysis tools to assist in demonstrating Woodard & Curran’s technical leadership as an innovator in the ESG & Sustainability space.
* Ensure the technical quality of the work product delivered.
* Mentor staff in technical skill areas.
Woodard & Curran is an equal-opportunity employer. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Woodard & Curran believes that diverse teams working together in an equitable, inclusive culture provides the right environment for employees to thrive, our clients to benefit, and our business to prosper over the long run. Our success is tied to a culture that embraces our differences and creates an environment where everyone can bring their whole, authentic selves to work. When employees are supported to reach their full potential, we can provide our clients with the most innovative, sound, and cost-effective solutions.
This position’s anticipated pay range is provided below; final exempt salary or non-exempt hourly pay will be dependent on experience level as well as considering a % based geographic differential based on where the final candidate will be working. Geographic differentials are used to recognize and reflect cost of labor differences between geographic markets.
Annual Incentive Bonus Opportunity:
Eligible positions may receive an annual cash bonus based on the role’s organizational level, and is represented as a percentage range of eligible earnings**
$91,582.00 – $137,373.00
Benefits & Wellbeing
* 401(k) or Roth: Company will match equal to 100% of the first 3% of salary contributed, All employees are eligible to participate in the 401(k) plan and 100% vested in the value of own contributions and any employer matching contributions.
Time away from work:
* Vacation time is provided to full and part-time regular employees. Vacation is accrued, based on number of hours worked per week as well as prior years of experience.
* Woodard & Curran offers paid sick time to eligible employees who are absent due to their own non-work related, illness, injury, or medical procedure.
* Woodard & Curran provides up to 80 hours of Paid Parental Leave for bonding in a 12-month period.
* Company-paid disability insurance from Sun Life to assist with replacing a portion of your income in the event of non-job-related illness or injury. Eligible employees are automatically enrolled and eligible immediately.
Coverage and support for your needs and wellbeing:
* Personal and Family health: Company offers three medical plan options based on geography; plus HSA and FSA plans are available based on eligibility, additional options include vision, dental and vision plans.
* Company provides basic employee group life insurance and AD&D benefits, additional voluntary life and AD&D coverage is available through Sun Life.
* WayForward powered by Dario: EAP Program combined with personalized mental health and wellbeing coaching.
* LiveWell wellbeing: credit incentive is available, up to $600 annually – nutrition and fitness, and access to the Virgin Pulse wellness platform.
* Education: Tuition assistance offers eligible employees up to 100% reimbursement of tuition, books and fees up to $5250 per year, for courses related to the employee’s job or planned career development.