EMPLOYER: Woodard and Curran, Inc
Woodard & Curran is a national engineering, science, and operations firm with a simple vision for clean water, a safe environment, healthy communities, and happy people. As an employee-owned company, we strive to cultivate diverse teams and encourage collaboration in an equitable and inclusive culture. We seek talented individuals from all backgrounds to help us address a broad range of water and environmental issues. We prioritize our people, offering opportunities for professional growth, ownership, and flexibility. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people and planet.
We are looking for a Structural & Architectural Revit/CAD Designer to join our Technical Delivery Group CAD Discipline. You will work closely with our Structural and Architectural Discipline teams and support our engineering practices across the firm. Candidates should be proficient in utilizing AutoCAD and Revit software to set up and create Structural and Architectural project designs, drawing packages and construction documents, layouts, plans, elevations, sections, and details following national and company CAD/BIM standards.
Candidates should have experience supporting Structural and Architectural projects through stages of planning, conceptual design, detailed design, final construction document development, and technical support during construction. You will develop designs and construction documents for various types of industrial, water, wastewater, utility, and environmental infrastructure projects. You will have the opportunity to work with diverse multi-disciplinary teams across the company’s business centers, office locations, and geographies.
The position level within Woodard & Curran is flexible based on the qualifications and experience of the candidate. A primary office location or remote work is also flexible for the right candidate.
• Apply technical and engineering fundamentals, recommend design procedures and prepare design packages for approval.
• Coordinate structural and architectural designs with other disciplines (civil, electrical, process piping, mechanical, plumbing, utilities, etc.) and plan, elevations, sections, details, and corresponding models.
• Create and develop 3D models, standard blocks, and details (Revit families).
• Work independently or with limited direction from Project and Technical Managers, Engineers, Architects, and/or other teammates.
• Work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment: coordinate with design teams as needed, identify and communicate problem issues proactively, propose possible solutions, solicit help when needed and delegate work if/when appropriate.
• Produce high-quality project deliverables on schedule and on budget.
• Understand project delivery lifecycle, typical milestones and their level of detail, and manage priorities and personal workload to meet deadline commitments.
• Participation in CAD Discipline Community of Practice, user groups, information sharing, and implementation of company standards.
• Serve as a technical resource for discipline-specific software questions and answers.
Portland, Maine; Andover or Canton, Massachusetts; Virtual or flexible remote work for the right candidate.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Woodard & Curran is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We value diversity, equity and inclusion and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Woodard & Curran believes that diverse teams working together in an equitable, inclusive culture provides the right environment for employees to thrive, our clients to benefit, and our business to prosper over the long run. Our success is tied to a culture that embraces our differences and creates an environment where everyone can bring their whole, authentic selves to work. When employees are supported to reach their full potential, we can provide our clients with the most innovative, sound, and cost-effective solutions.
PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI)