EMPLOYER: Woodard and Curran, Inc.
Woodard & Curran is a national engineering, science, and operations firm with a simple vision for clean water, a safe environment, healthy communities, and happy people. As an employee-owned company, we strive to cultivate diverse teams and encourage collaboration in an equitable and inclusive culture. We seek talented individuals from all backgrounds to help us address a broad range of water and environmental issues. We prioritize our people, offering opportunities for professional growth, ownership, and flexibility. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people and planet.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Process, Mechanical, Piping, HVACP Revit Designer to join our Technical Delivery Group CAD Discipline supporting our engineering practices across the firm. The position level is flexible based on experience. Candidates should be proficient in utilizing AutoCAD and Revit software to set up and create process, mechanical and piping project designs, drawing packages and construction documents, layouts, plans, elevations, sections, and details following national and company CAD/BIM standards.
You will engage with project managers, engineers, and other designers in development of design and construction drawing packages on various types of industrial, water, wastewater, utility, and infrastructure projects. You will have the opportunity to work with diverse multi-disciplinary teams across the company business centers, office locations, and geographies.
• Coordinate process, mechanical and piping design with other disciplines on multidisciplinary projects: Process flow diagrams, P&IDs, hydraulic profiles, equipment layouts, interconnecting process piping, plans, elevations, sections, details, and corresponding models.
• Create and develop 3D models (3D solid in AutoCAD or Revit families) from vendor cut sheets.
• Convert 2D/3D models from vendor drawing files to AutoCAD or Revit platforms.
• Produce Revit templates, schedules, details, and diagrams as part of process to build a Revit/BIM library for use on future projects.
• Apply technical and engineering fundamentals, recommended design procedures, and prepare design packages for approval.
• Work independently or with limited direction from Project Managers, Engineers, or other delegators.
• Work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment.
• Produce high-quality project deliverables on schedule and on budget.
• Understand project lifecycle, manage priorities and personal workload to meet deadline commitments.
• Participation in CAD Discipline Community of Practice, user groups, information sharing, and implementation of company standards.
• Serve as a technical resource for discipline specific software questions and answers.
Portland, Maine; Andover or Canton, Massachusetts; Virtual or flexible remote work for the right candidate.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Woodard & Curran is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We value diversity, equity and inclusion and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Woodard & Curran believes that diverse teams working together in an equitable, inclusive culture provides the right environment for employees to thrive, our clients to benefit, and our business to prosper over the long run. Our success is tied to a culture that embraces our differences and creates an environment where everyone can bring their whole, authentic selves to work. When employees are supported to reach their full potential, we can provide our clients with the most innovative, sound, and cost-effective solutions.
PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI)
• 3+ years of relevant experience with specialization in preparing designs in the Process Mechanical Piping fields. Position level will be based upon experience.
• Associates Degree in an area of Drafting, Computer Aided Design, Design, Industrial Design, Architecture, Engineering Technology, Construction Management, or applicable field.
• Professional Certifications a plus.
• Competent in all aspects of applicable design software: AutoCAD and Revit.
• Proficient in CAD and BIM standards and symbology, sheet-set manager, settings and functions, model management and workflow.
• Plant 3D skills are a plus.
• Competency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Office 365 Worklet Apps.
• Excellent communication skills.