EMPLOYER: Waldo Community Action PartnersWebsite
Waldo Community Action Partners is seeking a Lead Teacher! Are you seeking a career in Early Childhood Education? This may be the opportunity for you!
WCAP’s Early Childhood Program serves children and families in Waldo County. We work with children ages birth to five years old.
The Lead Teacher provides developmentally appropriate preschool education that advances the cognitive, language, physical, social and emotional growth for a classroom of up to 20 children. Responsibilities include ensuring compliance with all existing state child care licensing regulations and federal Head Start Program Performance Standards.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1) Provide oversight of center in absence of the Site Manager.
2) Establishes and maintains a safe and healthy environment.
3) Plans and implements developmentally appropriate educational activities.
4) Follows chosen curricula.
5) Provides oversight of children’s development in the classroom including conducting observations of each child’s developmental progress, completing developmental and social-emotional assessments, conducting family conferences and home visits.
Additional duties can be found at our website.