EMPLOYER: Waldo Community Action Partners
Waldo Community Action Partners is seeking a Volunteer Driver Coordinator. This role is responsible for the coordination of Volunteer Drivers for MidCoast Public Transportation.
WCAP provides transportation services to residents of Waldo, Knox, Lincoln and Sagadahoc counties through its MidCoast Public Transportation program and offers volunteer driver opportunities.
Duties of the Volunteer Driver Coordinator include but are not limited to:
1) Recruiting a target number of new volunteer drivers per month.
2) Presenting to community groups to identify potential volunteer drivers.
3) Creating and maintaining an Annual Volunteer Recruitment Plan to address new strategies and retention goals.
4) Maintaining a high rate of retention of well-trained and experienced volunteers to ensure an adequate volunteer pool.
5) Coordinating all required background checks on prospective volunteer drivers.
6) Orienting and training volunteers upon admittance to the program.
1) Must have adequate transportation, a valid driver's license and meet WCAP's insurance requirements. 2) Must meet WCAP's background clearance requirements. 3) Ability to pass pre-employment and on-going random drug-alcohol testing.
1) At least three years of prior related experience or office management experience required. 2) Two years supervisory experience. 3) Proven ability to develop and build relationships within the community. 4) Ability to problem solve and make quick appropriate decisions. 5) Ability to relate to a wide variety of people, including business people, community leaders, and with low-income people. 5) Ability to multi-task. 6) Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. 7) Computer proficiency and experience, including word processing skills required. 8) Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. 9) Must be familiar with Region 5 area. 10) High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate's degree or higher degree in social services, business or other related field preferred.
Pay Rate: $16.00 - $17.00 per hour
How to Apply:
Contact: Bonnie Speck
Phone: (207) 338-6809