EMPLOYER: Waldo Community Action PartnersWebsite
Waldo Community Action Partners is seeking an Assistant Teacher! Are you looking for a career in Early Childhood? This may be the job for you!
WCAP’s Early Childhood Program serves children and families in Waldo County. We work with children ages birth to five years old.
The Assistant Teacher provides developmentally appropriate preschool education that advances the cognitive, language, physical, social and emotional growth for a classroom of up to 20 children. You will be assisting the Lead Teacher/Site Manager in ensuring compliance with all existing state child care licensing regulations and federal Head Start standards.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1) Establishes and maintains a safe and healthy environment.
2) Plans and implements developmentally appropriate educational activities.
3) Ensures compliance with Head Start Performance Standards related to Education and Early Childhood Development and School Readiness Frameworks, program goals and statements.
4) Follows chosen curricula.
5) Provides oversight of children’s development in the classroom.