EMPLOYER: Waldo Community Action PartnersWebsite
Are you interested in a Career in Early Childhood Education? Seeking part-time employment? The Early Childhood Program Substitute position may be just the job for you!
WCAP’s Early Childhood Program (ECP) serves children and families in Waldo County and works with children ages birth to five years old.
The ECP Substitute acts in the position of regular classroom or kitchen staff, filling in as needed.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1) Working closely with the classroom teacher and other staff members.
2) Assisting the classroom teacher in planning and implementing a daily program which meets the needs of groups of children.
3) Greet children on arrival and departures.
4) Assist children with learning the process of dressing and undressing themselves.
5) Supervise activities in a classroom environment.
6) Assist with outdoor supervision and activities.
7) Assist children with hygiene activities (handwashing, etc.)
8) Assist with mealtimes by eating with the children and encouraging conversations and table manners.
9) Ensure safety of children at all times by close, active supervision.