EMPLOYER: Waldo Community Action Partners
Waldo Community Action Partners is seeking a Systems Administrator!
Sign on Incentive of $1,500 Available – $250 payable after successful completion of 90 days, $500 payable after successful completion of 6 months and $750 after successful completion of one year.
The IT Systems Administrator ensures IT Network, server and end user functionality, stability and security, supporting a 24x7x365 mission critical HIPAA environment. WCAP makes extensive use of Microsoft server and end user technologies. We operate several sites in Waldo county Maine which are interconnected using a variety of networking technologies. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who wants a well-rounded experience with a wide variety of challenging projects as well as routine IT/Telephone systems related tasks and user support in a busy environment. This individual works to provide end user support, network functionality and stability, coordinate and ensure MSP and other third-party vendor services and accuracy, and participates in the continued development of the Agency Network and phone infrastructure based on strategic priorities.
The Systems Administrator work in tandem with the third-party IT MSP Provider to provide support in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and telephone systems, such as routers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. and evaluates, coordinates and performs installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of networks and telephone systems.
A detailed job description is available on our website: www.waldocap.org. Please submit a completed WCAP employment application also available on our website to: Human Resources, WCAP, PO Box 130, Belfast, ME 04915. This position will remain open until a suitable applicant is found. WCAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Must have adequate transportation, a valid driver's license and meet WCAP's insurance.
• Ability to meet WCAP background clearance requirements.
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved medical/religious exemption on file and complete weekly testing.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Must have 3-5 years’ experience working with Microsoft networked server environments.
• Must have end user support experience.
• Must have a solid understanding of Windows client operating systems, from Windows 7 to Windows 365. Must be aware of OS deployment scenarios from DVD to WDS.
• Must have a solid understanding of Ethernet and IP networking.
• Must have a solid understanding of user profile management.
• Must have a working knowledge of Windows server operating systems from Windows server 2012 to Windows server 2019, particularly services like the Active Directory, DHCP, DNS and print services.
• Must have working knowledge of Apple user management in a Network environment.
• Must have working knowledge of VPN’s and RDP’s.
• Proficient in office applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
• Some telecommunications skills with basic knowledge of PBX type systems are desired.
• Some skills in web development and web site maintenance are desirable.
• Must be proficient with one or more scripting technologies such as DOS, PowerShell, etc.
• The job requires the frequent installation of computers and peripherals so the candidate must be able to lift and carry the typical components approximately 40 lbs. • Previous experience as a help desk technician, computer technician, or IT support, required • Confidentiality is an absolute requirement.
The following education requirements are considered essential: • Associate’s Degree in computer science, or the equivalent in related work experience and education required.
• CompTIA Server+, CompTIA Security+ certification or other related IT professional certification are preferred.
. ** All requirements and skills are considered to be essential, unless otherwise indicated
Pay Rate: $19.75 - 23.70 per hour
How to Apply:
Contact: Bonnie Speck
Phone: (207) 338-6809