EMPLOYER: Waldo Community Action PartnersWebsite
Waldo Community Action Partners (WCAP) is seeking a Human Resource Specialist!
The Human Resource Specialist assists with the administration of the day to day operations of the human resource department. This position works in conjunction with the Human Resource Director to carry out duties in the following areas: recruitment and orientation, training, benefits, safety and wellness and file management.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Recruitment and Orientation:
1. Handle logistics for all recruitment of employees and volunteers:
a. Post and continually update approved job announcements internally and on appropriate websites and newspapers
b. Collect and track employment applications
c. Respond to applicant inquires
d. Schedule interviews
e. Conduct reference checks on potential hires
f. Prepare and forward status letters to applicants
g. Represent WCAP at local career fairs
2. Participate in interview process as requested.
3. Coordinate agency and departmental orientations.
4. Design and provide employee and volunteer orientations.
1. Coordinate training needs and resources across all departments.
2. Publicize training events throughout WCAP so that all departments can take advantage of offerings.
3. Assist HR Director with scheduling and performing mandatory trainings (repetitive motion, sexual harassment, etc.).
1. Conduct benefits orientations and explain benefits enrollment system.
2. Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction.
3. Assist employees with health, dental, life and other related benefit enrollments and questions.
4. Review and respond to unemployment claims with appropriate documentation. Review monthly unemployment statements.
5. Assist HR Director in obtaining statistics and information in renewal process of any health, life and retirement plans that benefit the company.
6. Prepare and set up meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive programs. Ensure distribution of required employee notices.
7. Assist HR Director in completing benefits reporting requirements.
Safety and Wellness:
1. Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
2. Conducts safety inspections and audits to assess employee compliance with safety regulations.
3. Review and analyze data to minimize agency risk and improve employee safety.
4. Coordinate workers’ compensation claims with third-party administrator. Follow up on claims.
5. Conduct workstation evaluations for all news hires and as needed thereafter. Make equipment and/or workstation adjustment recommendations as appropriate.
6. Leads a comprehensive wellness program.
7. Coordinates, plans, and facilitates health activities and programs for employees.
8. Plans and implements classes, speakers, seminars, personal training, and fitness assessments that promote healthy lifestyles.
9. Develops promotion and publicity plans for wellness programs throughout the organization.
10. Compiles statistical summaries of participant data, class attendance, and equipment inventories to ensure proper detailed program evaluation.
11. Actively promotes safety and accident prevention within the workplace.
12. Reports any unsafe conditions, incidents and/or accidents immediately.