EMPLOYER: Waldo Community Action PartnersWebsite
Waldo Community Action Partners is seeking a Housing Counselor!
The Housing Counselor delivers supportive counseling services to the general public to meet housing goals. The Housing Counselor is well versed in housing options and financial analysis to assist with resource advocacy, financial issues, homebuyer education, budget building, credit building and repair, mortgage and tax foreclosure mitigation, homeless services, and rental assistance services. This position is a solution focused and problem-solving interactive position that shares information (education), removes barriers (counseling), and supports client activities to help them reach defined goals (coaching). A consumer advocate who will build relationships with community providers, housing providers, local resources and lenders to advocate successfully on behalf of consumers.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Accepts and processes requests for services.
2. Performs client intake and assesses client needs for services and eligibility, such as financial, budget, credit, housing support and stability services etc.
3. Creates action plans based on assessed individual client needs and provides one-on-one support.
4. Performs required recordkeeping for HUD and other funders and prepares reports for reporting needs.
5. Plans and delivers group events, including homebuyer education sessions and financial education classes.
6. Works with community partners and providers to facilitate services and interventions, including mortgage companies, banks, housing providers, service providers and other entities.
7. Provides outreach to promote and market services to attract new clients; assists in obtaining funding and developing additional service delivery options.
8. Maintains program and service data in internal and external record systems as necessary.
9. Performs program activities according to agency and program policies procedures.
10. Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information according to agency and legal standards.
11. Provides services meeting appropriate timelines and program outcome standards.
12. Knowledge of evaluation and outcome measurement
13. Plans for immediate and long-range goals and maintains flexibility to adjust to change.