Personal Risk Associate
EMPLOYER: USI Insurance ServicesWebsite
The Personal Risk Associate Career Development Program provides in-depth training to prepare associates for client-facing and customer-oriented roles. Participants receive intensive training and career development from a structured, 14-month curriculum, supported and delivered by a dedicated team of insurance educators and subject matter experts. As a new USI associate, you will gain practical experience helping local employers with their insurance needs with mentorship support from regional and national industry experts. As you gain confidence and understanding of the industry and USI’s approach, you will receive new assignments with increasing levels of responsibility.
What You’ll Learn
• The USI process, developed from over 500,000 client experiences and industry best practices.
• Foundational insurance coverages, program design, and risk management strategies in preparation for obtaining your personal lines agent’s license.
• The role of an insurance broker and current industry challenges.
• Effective negotiation and client-advocacy skills, and the ability to provide proactive, consultative service.
Program Overview: The Personal Risk Career Track Program provides over 1,300 hours of formalized training sessions and practical hands-on work experience.
• Training: Hands On
• Months 1-3: 100% training
• Months 4-6: 50% training; 50% fieldwork
• Months 7-14: 20% training; 80% fieldwork
• Networking and relationship-building skills
You will assist in all aspects of account management including:
• Assist 2-4 account managers with day-to-day account management. Help deliver client service and meet retention goals.
• Process incoming mail within document management system.
• Participate in basic client services such as issuing Evidence of Property Coverage and Auto ID Cards.
• Process policies, endorsements, cancellations, and reinstatements. Includes reviewing for accuracy according to USI standards.
• Maintain client files accurately and consistently. Ensure documentation of files is in accordance with company workflows, procedures, and best practices.
• Maintain a high degree of accuracy in agency management and document management systems.
• Prepare client deliverables and documents for client renewals.
The Personal Risk Services Program start date is Monday, July 10, 2023.