EMPLOYER: Tissue Plus LLCWebsite
Position Title: Production Technician/Machine Operator
The Machine Operator/Maintenance Mechanic works in production to operate paper rewinding or conversion line; runs equipment and handles inventory; performs related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Sets up machines (calibration, cleaning, etc.) to start a production cycle.
2. Operates paper rewinding or conversion line machinery.
3. Loads and unloads paper rolls from machines.
4. Unloads trucks to receive raw materials; assists in maintaining inventory.
5. Operate forklifts to move raw and finished materials; loads trucks with customer orders.
6. Performs basic maintenance on machinery and other equipment; inspect and replace parts as needed, and test operation periodically.
7. Check output to identify any machine-related mistakes or issues.
8. Follows all safety rules and regulations.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs additional duties as assigned.
1. Be committed to the Company’s Mission, Vision and Values.
2. Follow established policies and procedures and comply with all safety requirements.
3. Communicate in an open, respectful and honest manner with everyone, inside and outside the organization.
4. Communicate proactively with the supervisor regarding work flow, problems, suggestions, etc.
5. Attend meetings and training as scheduled.
6. Contribute to a positive, team-oriented work environment.
7. Be punctual for scheduled work and use time appropriately.
8. Perform required amount of work in a timely fashion with a minimum of errors.
9. Be neat and maintain personal appearance and hygiene as appropriate to the position.
10. Adhere strictly to confidentiality of customer, co-worker and internal business information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is regularly required to talk and to hear. S/he will be required to stand for long periods of time, walk and use hands and fingers to operate equipment, as well as physical agility needed to bend, stoop, crawl, crouch, and climb. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The incumbent must be able to operate all equipment used in the performance of the job responsibilities, as well as hand tools used to service and maintain that equipment. Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. Physical strength and stamina are required, and applicants and incumbents must be able to a pass pre-employment physical.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the incumbent encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent will be required to primarily inside the manufacturing production facility and warehouse; occasionally work outside for shipping and receiving materials. The incumbent will work constantly around moving mechanical equipment with the associated risks. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR POSITION:
Experience and Skill Requirements: The following requirements and skills are considered essential:
· At least three years of proven experience as a machine operator in a production environment desired.
· Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools.
· Understanding of production procedures.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· Teamwork and communication skills.
· Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
· Ability, judgment and initiative to be organized, work independently, establish and manage priorities with minimal guidance, and meet deadlines.
Education/Knowledge Requirements: The following education requirements are considered essential:
Associate’s degree in mechanical, electrical or engineering specialties
· High School education or the equivalent required. Post secondary education in the trades preferred.
· Forklift Operator Certification preferred (or obtained within 6 months of hire).
· Driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
** All requirements and skills are considered to be essential, unless otherwise indicated. **
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.