EMPLOYER: The Progress CenterWebsite
PAID TRAINING THAT’S FULLY COMPLIANT WITH HCBS RULES AND STANDARDS!
Text “Jobs” to (207) 393-2142 to Apply!
Are you looking to start a career with an organization that’s committed to your professional growth? Do you desire a position that’s centered on making a positive impact in the lives of those right here in the Oxford Hills community? The Progress Center is currently seeking and Overnight Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to join our growing Residential Services team!
We are currently recruiting for a full time and part time DSPs. We have flexible work schedules available to work around your school schedule! Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) working in the Residential Department provide all-inclusive services to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities both in residential and community settings. They serve as an integral part of a supportive team that’s dedicated to fostering independence, educating and teaching new skills, and promoting freedom of choice and rights for individuals in their care. You can expect to deliver new opportunities each day and from it, receive great reward!
Come join our mission to inspire hope, independence, and lasting change within our community. Previous experience is not required!
1. Provide support to people served to gain independence and participate fully in their community (and plan meaningful calendars with your individuals to provide opportunities for growth and community involvement).
2. Implement person centered plans and care plans as determined by the team.
3. Support inclusion through participation in community integrated activities, services, and events.
4. Assist in personal care as needed.
5. Follow recommendation for consumers from professional evaluations.
6. Fulfill all training requirements.
7. Attend agency meetings as directed by your supervisor.
8. Document and maintain all consumer records and services (including daily Therap documentation and attendance, filing of incident reports in a timely manner, and submitting mileage sheets as required by the Transportation Dept. and to follow Case Management Guidelines in pre-planning for PCP preparations).
9. Comply with all federal, state and local regulations while supporting persons with intellectually disabilities or autism, including human rights and mandatory reporting.
10. Advocate on consumers’ behalf at annual and six-month review meetings (if you are invited by the consumer or your Supervisor to attend these meetings).
11. Promote an environment of teamwork through job performance and a commitment to the vision of the agency.
12. Project a professional demeanor consistent with requirements of all employees of the agency.
13. Work toward positive solutions to issues and problems and communicate concerns to co workers and supervisors.
14. Comply with CRMA certification requirements while passing medications.
1. Comply with all federal, state and local regulations as regards services for persons with developmental or intellectual disabilities or autism, including rights of recipients and mandatory reporting.
2. Comply with Office of Aging and Disability Services and Department of Human Services regulations.
3. Demonstrate respect and add value to the lives of those we support.
4. Provide emergency coverage in residential homes or community support programs as needed.
5. Fulfill all training requirements.
6. Participate as a member of the Team.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Full Direct Support Professional Certification & CRMA Training within 6 months of Hire – PAID & PROVIDED!
Pass a criminal background check
Valid drivers license with clean driving record
Must be at least 18 years old
Must be able to lift 50 pounds
High school diploma or GED
Obtain the DSP and CRMA certification within 6 months.
CNAs are encouraged to apply…continue your work in helping others with far less physical demands on your body!