EMPLOYER: The Opportunity AllianceWebsite
The Opportunity Alliance is seeking Center Aides, Center Floaters, and Teachers Aides to join the teams in our Head Start classrooms around the Greater Portland area. Find out more about these programs here: https://www.opportunityalliance.org/programs-landing
Head Start promotes the school readiness of young children from low-income families through local programs. Head Start and Early Head Start programs support the mental, social, and emotional development of children from birth to age 5.
This is a great opportunity to make a difference in your community while working with children and building a career in early childhood education!
The Center Aides/Teacher’s Aides will collaborate with the Lead Teacher(s) to
- provide a safe, nurturing, and stimulating learning environment, primarily in a center-based classroom.
- preparation & service of nutritious meals for children in Head Start and Early Head Start classrooms as well as the operations of the Center’s kitchen.
- providing staff coverage, where and when needed, to assist classroom staff.
- collaborating with the Lead Teacher and Assistant Teacher.
- provide a safe, nurturing, and stimulating learning environment, primarily in a center-based classroom, for the overall growth and development of children & families in accordance with the Family and Early Childhood Education program plan, Head Start Performance Standards, State of Maine licensing rules, and NAEYC Accreditation Standards.
Positions range from 18 hours per week to 40 hours per week with seasonal and full year options. There are locations in Portland, South Portland, Gorham, and Westbrook Maine.