EMPLOYER: The Barron CenterWebsite
RN’s Full-Time and Part-Time – Per Diem also available
The union represented wages offered start between $25.93-29.05 depending on years of experience. In addition to the standard rate of pay listed, we are distributing an additional $5.00 for each hour worked until at least June 2022 for all Barron Center employees. The Barron Center has received CARES ACT funding, through the State of Maine, which is intended to go back into the workforce, to help with retaining and recruiting employees.
The Barron Center is a 219-bed long-term care skilled nursing facility owned and operated by the City of Portland. Our 200-year history of excellence is the basis for a caring, creative work environment. We are a 5 star, agency free facility. We are currently looking for dedicated people to join our team. The generous benefits add to the overall compensation package.
- Free Health Insurance premium upon completion of basic wellness credits
$400 Individual deductible -Maximum annual out of pocket $1500
90% coinsurance after deductible
No charge for preventative care or PCP office visits
$20 copay to specialist and Urgent Care
Covers chiropractic, acupuncture and massage
This benefit alone can add significantly to your annual income.
(ex: If you currently pay $300 per month for health insurance, receiving it at no cost adds the equivalent of $1.85 to your hourly rate)
- Choice of 2 exceptional retirement plans with 7.5% employer contribution
- 13 1/2 paid holidays
- 2 weeks paid vacation accrued weekly first year
- Paid sick leave
- Health Care Flex spending accounts to reduce taxes paid
- Dependent Care Flex spending accounts to reduce taxes paid
- Union representation for negotiating pay increases
- Employee Referral Program- $1000 paid for successful referral
- 50% tuition reduction at University of Southern Maine
- Optional life, dental, vision and income protection insurance available
Must successfully complete a pre-employment physical exam. Offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory criminal background check. For more information contact David Langstaff, Director of Nursing at 541-6549 or Denise Perkins, Human Resources at 541-6639.