EMPLOYER: St. Mary's Regional Medical Center, Lewiston, MEWebsite
The Medical Assistant functions as a critical member of the medical office team, working towards the goals of the practice and meeting patient needs. They are responsible for coordinating patient flow, obtaining temperature, pulse blood pressure, and weight, and administering care to patients as directed by physicians. The MA will develop and maintain interpersonal relationships with patients and families, keeping patient information confidential and respecting patient’s right to privacy.
- 2-year Associates degree in credentialed Medical Assistant program preferred
Must be certified by a nationally recognized organization, which included competency (AAMA or NHA) or a graduate from 2-year accredited program AND obtain certification within one year of hire
- 1 year of previous MA experience is preferred, but new Medical Assistants will be considered
- Medical terminology required
Other Skills Required:
- Working knowledge of office practice and procedures
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills required
- Good command of the English language
- Effective use of telephone skills
Covenant Health Mission Statement
We are a Catholic health ministry, providing healing and care for the whole person, in service to all in our communities.
- We show respect, caring, and sensitivity towards all, honoring the dignity of each person, especially the poor, vulnerable, and suffering.
- We promote justice and ethical behavior and responsibly steward our human, financial, and environmental resources.
- We work in partnership, dialogue, and shared purpose to create healthy communities.
- We deliver all services with the highest level of quality while seeking creative innovation.
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.