EMPLOYER: Shelby TrainedWebsite
Shelby Trained is looking to hire – could you be the one???
Recent growth and demand has us searching for a new team member.
We’re not a normal gym or personal training studio – we look at things a bit differently.
If you believe in collaborative efforts and would love being part of a successful health, fitness, and performance team – this is for you!
The right person must be client-centric, enjoy spending time with people of all ages, and love being the “bright” spot in everyone’s day!
Apply below if:
– You love helping people (even when they call you bad names).
– You are reliable and punctual.
– You have a passion for health, fitness, and performance.
– You have great communication (both written and verbal).
– You are excited about helping a company grow.
– You believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts (you’ll be part of a team).
Shelby Trained is a small (local) business – much different than your big box gyms or franchises. The community and environment that we’ve built over the last 18 years is much more like a family than simply a business transaction.
Our ideal applicant doesn’t necessarily need a related college degree (or even a personal training certification)…however, it does help. What they do need is have an attention to detail, hold themselves to the highest standard, and show up every day ready to change lives. *We will help certify the right candidate.
Our clients stay for years – we want you too as well!
What do you need and what will your responsibilities be?
Well, other than being a super hero to our clients every day….
– Coach (our clients)
o Remote/virtual via Zoom
o Consulting (athletic programs, corporations/businesses)
o House calls
– Execute our game plan (i.e. workouts and training programs)
o Make adjustments when necessary
– Help make collaborative decisions based on client needs
o This may include physicians, physical therapists, chiropractors, as well as other health professionals
– Complete periodic assessments
o We follow a movement-based approach
– Ability to work with everyone from seniors (our adult population is mostly 50-80 years old) to our athletes (12-22).
o Our business is nearly 50-50% between athletes and adults.
Like I mentioned above, this position isn’t a ‘normal’ personal training position. You won’t be responsible for getting your own clients, writing your own workouts, and handling any of the short-notice cancellations (Yeah – those are frustrating as a trainer). Instead, you’ll join an environment where both clients and staff want to create something special.
Compensation, hours, and benefits:
– Part or full-time (can be negotiated)
– Competitive Hourly pay ($15-45/hr)
o Commission and bonus incentives available for those who desire more
– Flexible hours (no weekends)
o Must be available in the afternoons/evenings with the ability to cover early mornings as needed.
– Paid Time Off (including vacation and holidays)
– Company provided Continuing Education
– Opportunity to grow and evolve
– A brand new performance training facility, complete with turf, 24-hour gym, and physical therapy clinic.
– Miscellaneous perks: coffee, lunches, and gift cards just for being exceptional at your daily tasks!
How to apply:
We’ll hire the right person the day we find them! If you believe that is you, get in touch with us by emailing (email@example.com) your resume – or fill out the form below:
1. What was the last book that you read? What was your biggest take-away from the book?
2. We believe that the weight room teaches life lessons; what is one of the best life lessons you’ve learned, and who or what taught you that?
3. We like to drink coffee. If you’re sitting down with us to have a cup of coffee with us for your interview – what would tell us is the reason why we should have you join our team?