EMPLOYER: Purington Construction LLCWebsite
Purington Construction is a local, residential building contractor. When the company was founded, its aim was to provide the highest level of quality and customer service to its clients. Today that vision continues to resonate with our clients and employees.
We’re looking to hire skilled and semi-skilled Carpenters in the greater Central Maine and Midcoast area. Our pay, including benefits, is above industry standard for all levels, and we’re willing to train on the job for the right candidate. If you have a good attitude and a strong work ethic there is a position at Purington Construction for you.
• Perform carpentry work including and not limited to the framing of floors, walls, and roofs
• Installation of doors and windows, siding, roofing, interior, and exterior trim, decks and porches, interior wall and ceiling coverings, insulation, cabinets, counters, flooring, and stairs
• Moving, securing, installing, building, and loading or unloading materials
• Effectively use heavy and light equipment, depending on the job site/assignment
• 1-3 years’ experience on a job site, but willing to train for the right candidate.
• A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
• Must be able to stand for up to eight hours per day and effectively climb in and out of machinery as well as ladders.
• Frequently work with hands extended overhead, sometimes in conjunction with the operation of hand power tools.
• Ability to lift and carry 50-90 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
• Maintain constant awareness of surroundings including other jobsite equipment and co-workers.