EMPLOYER: Procter & Gamble | TambrandsWebsite
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges. Our Auburn, Maine, manufacturing site is seeking several Machinists to join our on-site machine shop to work on critical business needs supporting multiple operating departments. These resources will contribute to the overall expansion, maintenance, and step change manufacturing capability of the site. Successful employees will break down technical barriers to success, obtain technical ownership supporting manufacturing projects, and ultimately bring new production capacity to our site. The ideal candidate is curious, not afraid to challenge the status quo, and ultimately a team player.
At Auburn we manufacture most of P&G’s tampon global production for multi-region distribution within the overall Feminine Care business unit. Here we model our approach to work after several core values: culture of safety – nothing we do is worth getting hurt – utmost emphasis on quality, as well as placing confidence and trust in our people and systems. The Machine Shop team will ultimately consist of 7 total employees flowing across the site’s operating departments to maintain production line integrity, ensure minimal unscheduled downtime, and keep manufacturing capacity flowing. The initial focus will be supplying parts to the storeroom, but role scope will gradually and intentionally grow.
These roles are onsite Monday through Friday with typical days going from 5 am to 3-4 pm.
This work schedule will be modified occasionally to meet business needs (project launches, line start-ups, etc.).
Expected responsibilities will include:
- Execute large and small assembly repairs, provide troubleshooting support, as well as production line repairs.
- Make parts using: Waterjet, Manual Lathe & End Mill, 3D printers, as well as CNC Milling & Lathe machine.
- Read and make parts from prints, sketches, or damaged parts, as well as repair broken parts.
- Work closely with the site storeroom to track costs, ensure accurate inventories, & re-order points for commercial parts are correct.
- Work closely with Maintenance Planners in executing and improving PM systems and failure analysis countermeasures.
Machine Shop continuous improvement projects include:
- Lowering assembly costs, increase machine and assembly life cycle (PM frequencies), as well as improving troubleshooting techniques to reduce downtime for in assemblies.
- Maintain, update, and create standards/SOPs where needed.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure that improvement projects are rolled out across departments.
- 1 Year Machinist certificate or 2-year Associate Degree in Machining, Machine Tool Technology, or similar educational background (relevant experience in place of education is considered).
- Familiar with Auto cad, cam software, and programing CNC Machines.
- Welding experience.
- Strong Math skills (including trigonometry).
- Able to work flexible shifts as required by business need.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the plant’s essential functions. We will pursue reasonable accommodation for any qualified employee with a disability. If the need for accommodation exists, the employee must be prepared to discuss during the selection process.
Just So You Know:
Starting Pay Range: $29.71 – $39.49 /hr.
Compensation for roles at P&G varies depending on a wide array of non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, degree/credentials, relevant skill set, and level of relevant experience. At P&G compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Total rewards at P&G include salary + bonus (if applicable) + benefits. Your recruiter may be able to share more about our total rewards offerings and the specific salary range for the relevant location(s) during the hiring process.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company’s specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.