EMPLOYER: Northern Light Continuing Care Center, LakewoodWebsite
Assist with the day-to-day operations in a medical group practice. Supervision of the Front Office staff in their area of responsibility with managed care (e.g., collections, co pays, referrals, preauthorizations, etc.). Coordinates and facilitates patient scheduling while maintaining and maximizing providers schedules. Coordinates scheduling for Front Office staff, through preparation of daily schedules, ensuring adequate staffing to meet patient and provider needs.
Greeting customers, patients and co-workers with a friendly smile and using AIDET when appropriate (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, Thank You).
Listens carefully and avoids interruptions in interactions with both patients and co-workers.
Acts as a role model for co-workers within the department or EMMC.
Adheres to badge, dress code, tobacco and other personal appearance policies.
Maintains and exhibits a professional, positive attitude towards co-workers, work, and EMMC.
Feedback is provided in a constructive manner; chain of command is followed.
Demonstrates a commitment to co-workers, job duties, and EMMC (e.g., team player).
Appropriately focuses on customer needs and expectations as part of the care team, making referrals or transitions when necessary.
Responds to and resolves issues promptly thru effective communication and proper chain of command.
Participates in interviews for open positions with Practice Manager, RN Supervisor, and/or Lead Physician.
Performs and administers staff evaluations in accordance with EMHS HR.
Participates in problem solving groups as requested.
Supports and embraces change in job and EMMC.
Proactively seeks out solutions to problems for self, co-workers, patients, and visitors.
Continually develops skills and/or job knowledge.
Participates in skills training opportunities available to him/her.
Takes pride in the appearance and growth of EMMC and acts in a way to promote the same.
Collects and complies statistical data as requested to assist the Practice Director/Office Manager with departmental plans/issues.
Works with HR on recruitment, vacant positions as directed by Practice Manager.
Provides orientation and training of new staff.
Completed iCare training as required for prior year.
Adheres to “EMMC Code of Conduct” and follows all applicable compliance policies/regulations.
Works safely and follows all safety policies; reports incidents or hazards immediately.
Practices appropriate hand hygiene policies.
Seeks ways to improve quality of services provided.
Supervises clerical staff and workflow audits.
Maintains HIPAA and PHI and Employee confidentiality.
Participation in quality control/performance improvement activities.
Assist with updating practice policies and procedures.
RL reporting and follow thru of patient concerns, near misses, incidents, medication errors, injuries, etc.
Maximizing provider schedules for efficiency and provider satisfaction.
Provides excellent customer service, both for internal and/or external customers.
Responds to communications (phone calls, voice mail messages, and emails) in a timely manner.
Consistent and reliable attendance, including communication and attempts to find coverage when legitimate issues prevent or inhibit attendance.
Provide patients with education and access to the portal.
Oversees patient flow through the practice, instructs clerical staff and delegates clerical tasks as appropriate for day to day coverage. Able to assist if there Is a staffing shortage.
Demonstrates high level customer service thru prompt answering of phone calls.
Promotes schedule access.
Maintains confidentiality of all patients and employee information; reports HIPAA violations.
Seeks out ways to reduce operating costs or increase efficiency within role/department.
Acts in a cost conscious manner with regard to use of supplies.
Makes effective use of time at work.
Obtains ABN/Non for uncovered services.
Oversees staff schedules, reviews time cards, and approves PTO and overtime.
Associates Degree in Business or medical related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required. 3 years’ experience in a medical office setting. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Proficient with computers. Possess qualities of accuracy, flexibility, initiative, and planning. Sitting, standing, stooping, reaching, bending, walking and stretching. Ability to multi-task.
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
Education equivalent experience:
* Associates degree or equivalent required. Bachelors degree preferred.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Extend body and limbs to reach items.
* Lifting, moving and loading less than 20 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.