EMPLOYER: New Hampshire Department of TransportationWebsite
State of New Hampshire Department of Transportation
Bureau of Mechanical Services
33 Smokey Bear Blvd., Concord, NH
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Labor Grade 17: $40,102.40 – $55,369.60
40 Hours per Week
Openings located in Concord, Enfield, North Hampton, and Ossipee
The State of New Hampshire, Department of Transportation, Bureau of Mechanical Services has a full-time vacancy for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
SUMMARY: To perform journeyman level diagnostic and repair work on fleet equipment to ensure its serviceability.
- Diagnose all fleet equipment component malfunctions utilizing computer software and computer repair manuals, determine correct procedure of repair/modification, secure correct parts, perform the repair, and road test vehicles and/or equipment to verify completed repairs. Perform preventative maintenance.
- Inspect vehicles semi-annually, performs required repairs and certifies fleet vehicles conform to NH DMV safety requirements.
- Install, inspect, and repair all variations of basic and computerized hydraulic systems of all equipment.
- Weld/fabricate as required repairing a multitude of equipment.
- Respond to emergency roadside repairs as assigned to provide 24-hour fleet repair service.
- Overhaul, repair, and replace various makes/models of gasoline and diesel computerized engines, automatic and manual transmissions, differentials, related engine components to minimize costly engine/component replacement.
- Supervise and assume full responsibility for shop operation in Foreman’s absence.
- Document inspections, maintenance, and repairs to maintain vehicle/equipment life history files.
- On occasion operate mobile lifting crane, overhead crane or gantry crane during repairs or certain operations.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: The supplemental job description lists essential functions of the position and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the supplemental job description provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.
For additional information contact William Dusavitch, Administrator, at (603) 271-3721 or at Bureau38@dot.nh.gov.
Register and save a Talent Profile at https://das.nh.gov/jobsearch/ complete with contact information, education, work experience and references, then search jobs for Job ID 26195 to submit your official State of NH application.
TDD Access: Relay NH 1-(800)-735-2964