EMPLOYER: Lepage BakeriesWebsite
The Route Sales Specialist (RSS) is a certified trainer, responsible for training new Route Sales Representatives and supporting all training processes. The RSS is responsible for the ordering, sales, delivery, and merchandising of a slate of nationally and locally branded fresh baked products. Position is assigned to a company route to service retail customers, restaurants, and institutions with the goal of maximizing sales opportunities by meeting customer expectations and following established best practices. Position will drive incremental sales by executing the required market programs while exceeding customer expectations.
Position will require flexibility to work varying workdays and early morning start times. Generally, days off are Wednesday and Sundays but may vary at times. Potential for overnight travel outside of assigned location.
Positions requires an incumbent with an eagerness to gain industry knowledge and to learn the skills necessary for success.
REASONS TO JOIN LEPAGE BAKERIES
· $1500.00 New Hire Retention Bonus at 90 days employed!
· Excellent benefits package including healthcare, dental, and vision
· Company matching 401k, paid time-off, and paid company holidays
· Career advancement opportunities in a growing organization
· Top of class brands, baking and selling Country Kitchen, Wonder, Nature’s Own, Dave’s Killer Bread, and Tastykake products
· Industry leading Route Sales Training program
· Our team is second to none in the baking industry. The talent, knowledge, and dedication of our team members, our associates, and the direct store delivery network – all are important keys to our success.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/MAJOR DUTIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Acting as a sales associate and delivery driver to drive retail sales and territory sales.
· Leverage internal sales data and company marketing plans to drive growth with customers through proper planning, ordering, and execution.
· As needed, operate company routes and provide coverages of routes for route sales representatives’ (RSR) time off.
· Provide a high level of in-field training to new route sales representatives including training on all tasks and objectives outline in the Route Sales Operations Manual.
· Establish and maintain strong customer relations in order to effectively communicate sales solutions and improve customer satisfaction.
· Order product using an online state-of-the-art order planner to ensure customers are receiving the freshest product possible.
· Increase sales through shelf space expansion and the use of in-store promotions and displays.
· Adhere to the route structure, stop sequence, and established service times in order to drive efficiency and to ensure continued customer satisfaction and consistent service times.
· Know and follow all retailer/account standard operating procedures around check in/check out.
· Adhere to the fresh market policy by appropriately rotating product and removing damaged or out-of-code product as necessary.
· Follow shelf-life cycle of each brand/product.
· Ensure shelf life is maximized with proper rotation of products to ensure that back stock is rotated and stocked first before the next fresh delivery is merchandized on shelves/displays.
· Perform daily route settlement requirements: verifying product quantities, accurately invoicing the proper account, and adhering to the cash collection policy.
· Perform an accurate weekly inventory in the handheld computer device at select accounts on specific days designated by the company.
· Support the introduction of new products to the marketplace based on the retailer playbooks and gain additional shelf space and promotional displays to execute the rollout and drive consumer trial.
· Obtain authorization (“sell in”) from accounts’ key decision makers for promotional product displays. Properly place and assemble displays to maximize exposure to consumers and to increase sales penetration.
· Review weekly route analysis to identify voids and sales opportunities.
· Review key performance indicators to reduce cost and drive sales.
· Adhere to required shelf schematic/plan-o-gram to ensure customer compliance and to meet the objectives of brand teams.
· Master the best practices of the Route Sales training program.
· Must be able to obtain DOT certification to drive a commercial motor vehicle (CMV).
· Perform all required daily vehicle inspections, maintain accurate vehicle records, complete daily driver’s logs and time records as required.
· Adhere to all company policies, Department of Transportation (DOT) policies, as well as local and federal regulations.
· Maintain cleanliness of an organized workspace and vehicle.
· Secure and organize inventory in the truck to prevent product damage.
· Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures (Safety, Equal Employment Opportunity, Harassment, Sarbanes – Oxley, etc.).
· Perform other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of the position, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/REQUIREMENTS
· Valid state driver’s license and documented safe driving record
· Must be able to acquire and maintain a DOT Medical Card
· Physically capable of movement to and within all sales and manufacturing facilities, other company-related facilities, community facilities, and customer locations
· Ability to frequently life/carry productions weighing approximately 25 lbs.
· Ability to push/pull up to 50 pounds regularly
· Must be able to safely climb in and out of the truck using 3 points of contact
· Ability to view product and determine adherence to quality control standards (size, shape, color, cut, etc.)
· Ability to lead and train new associates
· Ability to successfully build relationships with customers
· Ability to communicate to cross-functional teams
· Ability to attend work on a regular, consistent, and timely basis
· Ability to successfully work and make decisions independently and as part of a team
· Excellent organizational skills and an attention to detail
· Willingness and ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to meet customer requirements
· Ability to maintain a professional appearance, including wearing any required uniform
Minimum of 1 year related experience in retail sales, DSD sales, and/or business-to-business sales
High School diploma or GED