L.L.Bean is currently searching for a temporary DC Mechanical Maintenance apprentice with an mechanical/automotive focus. If you’re a team player and like to work in a fast-paced, high tech, friendly environment in our Order Fulfillment Center and Double L building located in Freeport, Maine, this is the position for you! This is an exceptional full-time temporary opportunity for an apprentice to work hands on with our qualified Industrial Mechanical Maintenance experts. This is a paid temporary apprentice position paying $19.00 an hour.
In this important role this person will perform assigned mechanical repair and preventive maintenance functions on a variety of vehicles, grounds keeping equipment, sewing equipment, material handling equipment including conveyors, case cutting machines, automated packing equipment, sewing equipment and powered industrial trucks with supervision and guidance.
Using a work order system to receive assignments, performs routine repairs and adjustments or planned maintenance on a variety of vehicles, grounds keeping equipment, equipment trailers and material handling equipment. Examples may include oil and filter changes, tire rotation, tire mounting and balancing, brake jobs, troubleshooting emissions codes, vehicle, and equipment PM’s as well as monthly and quarterly vehicle inspections. Minor paint touch-ups and applying rust prevention products to the underside of vehicles as needed. Work on sewing equipment, material handling equipment including conveyors, case cutting machines, automated packing equipment, sewing equipment and powered industrial trucks may include planned maintenance, routine repairs, audible and visual inspections, troubleshooting and repair as well as assisting with any other Facilities need as required. Examples are cleaning up flooded areas, lifting fire doors, maintaining, cleaning and swapping P.I.T. batteries.
· Examines the equipment to diagnose problems.
· Orders or retrieves appropriate parts and supplies.
· Disassemble equipment to repair or replace broken or worn components.
· Inspects completed repairs.
· Assignments are completed when parts are signed out, the work area has been cleaned, the labor report has been updated and the work orders are completed and closed.
· Provides support to the Garage and Mechanical Maintenance technicians.
· Assures appropriate communications of problems to co-workers and leadership.
· Knows and follows all safety rules and procedures. Reports unsafe acts or conditions to Leadership.
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors, evaluate risk, and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels. This position has been identified as a safety-sensitive position. A safety-sensitive position is one in which an impaired worker constitutes a serious and direct threat to workplace health and safety. Employees in this position must agree that they will not come to work or be at work at any time under the influence of alcohol or any drug that could render them impaired.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Requires a limited working knowledge of vehicles and grounds keeping equipment.
· Basic mechanical aptitude with the ability to apply these skills.
· Ability to complete assigned tasks with limited supervision.
· Ability to work off an assigned work calendar.
· Proficiency with computers and able to learn a CMMS system.
· Flexibility and willingness to work where needed.
· Good interpersonal skills and appropriate oral and written communication skills.
· Willingness to learn and take direction.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
When applying, submit a resume.
Applications for Summer 2023 are currently being accepted. Interviews will start to take place in February/March 2023.
Maine is a great place to start your career. Maine offers an abundance of seacoast, mountains, and natural beauty, accessible within short drives. Portland, Maine, is a bustling small city, heralded for its restaurants, galleries, entertainment.
To learn more about living in Maine, visit: https://llbeancareers.com/maine.html
Much has changed since our start in 1912, but the important things remain the same. The values that the company’s founder, L.L. Bean (Leon Leonwood Bean) was raised to believe in were simple and deeply ingrained. Nature is something to be revered. Family ties are a priority. Being neighborly is a matter of course. And “do unto others” is not just a saying but a way of life.
Over the past few years L.L.Bean has received numerous accolades including being named #1 in 2017 on Forbes Best Employers List for America’s Best Mid-Size Employers, thanks to the corporate culture and unique benefits we offer our employees:
L.L.Bean offers the following employee benefits for temporary positions:
· 401(k) program with employer match
· generous discounts on L.L.Bean merchandise
· access to the on-site Fitness Rooms, Employee Store, and Employee Use Room