L.L. Bean is currently searching for a temporary HVAC Technician I apprentice with a focus on Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning with a mechanical and electrical aptitude. If you’re a team player and like to work in a fast-paced, high tech, friendly environment at our Double L building located in Freeport, Maine, this is the position for you! This is an exceptional full-time temporary opportunity for an apprentice to work hands on with our qualified HVAC technician experts. This is a paid temporary apprentice position paying $19.00 an hour.
Position Purpose: Assists with basic HVAC maintenance and installation functions including changing air filters, belts, lubrication, cleaning boilers, etc.
Responsibilities: – Assists with preventative maintenance on assigned HVAC equipment. Adjusts maintenance routines, procedures, and supplies necessary to maintain equipment at optimal operating efficiency.
– Assists in the adjustment, calibration, and testing of HVAC equipment.
– Knows and follows safety procedure and guidelines. Attends all necessary OSHA safety training classes. Reports any unsafe acts or conditions to the appropriate person.
– Assures appropriate communication of issues and problems to co-workers and leadership. Collaborates with team as needed to achieve objectives.
– Up-to-date knowledge of national electric, life safety, and OSHA codes, ensuring conformity with their requirements.
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors, evaluate risk, and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
Education Level: High School or GED
Skills and Qualifications:
– Good mechanical and electrical aptitude.
– Familiar with the safe use of basic hand and power tools.
– Lifting, standing, dexterity, repetitive motion, etc.
– Frequent ladder climbing.
– Lifts up to approx. 50 lbs.
– Stands up to 6 hrs. per day.
– Some HVAC field experience.
– Valid Maine driver’s license.
Applications for Summer 2023 are currently being accepted. Interviews will start to take place in February/March 2023.
Maine is a great place to start your career. Maine offers an abundance of seacoast, mountains, and natural beauty, accessible within short drives. Portland, Maine, is a bustling small city, heralded for its restaurants, galleries, entertainment.
To learn more about living in Maine, visit: https://llbeancareers.com/maine.html
Much has changed since our start in 1912, but the important things remain the same. The values that the company’s founder, L.L. Bean (Leon Leonwood Bean) was raised to believe in were simple and deeply ingrained. Nature is something to be revered. Family ties are a priority. Being neighborly is a matter of course. And “do unto others” is not just a saying but a way of life.
Over the past few years L.L.Bean has received numerous accolades including being named #1 in 2017 on Forbes Best Employers List for America’s Best Mid-Size Employers, thanks to the corporate culture and unique benefits we offer our employees:
L.L.Bean offers the following employee benefits for temporary positions:
· 401(k) program with employer match
· generous discounts on L.L.Bean merchandise
· access to the on-site Fitness Rooms, Employee Store, and Employee Use Room