EMPLOYER: International PaperWebsite
2nd or 3rd shift Maintenance Technicians
We are looking for dependable people with excellent problem-solving, communication and teamwork skills.
We have openings in our Auburn, Maine, plant. These positions are full-time. The hiring process for successful candidates will include a pre-employment aptitude test, team interview, pre-employment screening consisting of background check, drug screen/physical. Hourly wage starts at $26.50 plus shift differentials and overtime, leading up to $35.00, that is dependent on knowledge/qualifications, experience, licenses, etc. (There is opportunity to grow and advance higher on the pay scale).
We also offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, pension as well as a 401(k) plan with generous match.
Candidates must be willing to work overtime, including some weekends, as required.
Provide mechanical maintenance services necessary to maintain equipment reliability in a key operating area of the facility. In their role, mechanics:
• Must work safely in an industrial environment
• Provide problem-solving and coaching to the operating area on a daily basis
• Demonstrate skills in precision mechanical maintenance, welding, pipefitting, rotating equipment (i.e., pumps and gearboxes), hydraulics and pneumatics
• Work in a multi-disciplined team environment
• Troubleshoot equipment problems
• Responsible for diagnosing, repairing, modifying, replacing, and installing plant mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems for all plant equipment
• Perform work necessary to maintain a variety of control systems and electrical equipment used in manufacturing
• Be able to read and understand mechanical//electrical prints pneumatic diagrams, and hydraulic diagrams
Electrical Theory and Basics:
Circuit Protection and Switchgear, DC and AC Motors, Switches and Control Devices, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Basic Tool Knowledge, etc.
Employee will need computer skills to acquire notifications, work orders, requisition parts for work orders, and enter their time against these work orders.
Specific responsibilities include maintaining production equipment to optimize runnability through preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of machines. Candidates for consideration should have troubleshooting skills in industrial, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical failures and the aptitude to correct those failures. Accurately completing administrative documents and following directions are important work traits.