EMPLOYER: International PaperWebsite
Position Title: Maintenance Technician
Pay Rate: ($28.00 – $40.00/hr.)
Hourly Full-Time, 2nd and 3rd Shift availability
175 Allied Road.
Auburn, ME 04210
The Job You Will Perform:
Provide mechanical maintenance services necessary to maintain equipment reliability in a key operating area of the facility. In their role, mechanics:
• Must work safely in an industrial environment.
• Provide problem-solving and coaching to the operating area on a daily basis.
• Demonstrate skills in precision mechanical maintenance, welding, pipefitting, rotating equipment (i.e., pumps and gearboxes), hydraulics and pneumatics.
• Work in a multi-disciplined team environment.
• Troubleshoot equipment problems.
• Responsible for diagnosing, repairing, modifying, replacing, and installing plant mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems for all plant equipment.
• Perform work necessary to maintain a variety of control systems and electrical equipment used in manufacturing.
• Be able to read and understand mechanical//electrical prints pneumatic diagrams, and hydraulic diagrams.
Electrical Theory and Basics:
Circuit Protection and Switchgear, DC and AC Motors, Switches and Control Devices, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), basic tool knowledge, etc.
Employee will need computer skills to acquire notifications, work orders, requisition parts for work orders, and enter their time against these work orders.
Specific responsibilities include maintaining production equipment to optimize runnability through preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of machines. Candidates for consideration should have troubleshooting skills in industrial, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical failures and the aptitude to correct those failures. Accurately completing administrative documents and following directions are important work traits. Candidates must demonstrate technical experience, reliability and the ability to work independently.
The hiring process for successful candidates will include a pre-employment aptitude test, team interview, pre-employment screening consisting of background check, drug screen/physical. Candidates must be willing to work overtime, including some weekends, as required.
The Benefits You Will Enjoy:
· Paid time off including Vacation and Holidays
· Retirement, pension, and 401k Matching Program
· Medical & Dental
· Education & Development (including Tuition Reimbursement)
· Life & Disability Insurance
The Career You Will Build:
· Leadership training
· Promotional opportunities
The Impact You Will Make:
We continue to build a better future for people, the plant, and our company! IP has been a good steward of sustainable practices across communities around the world for more than 120 years. Join our team and you’ll see why our team members say they’re Proud to be IP.
The Culture You Will Experience:
International Paper promotes employee well-being by providing safe, caring and inclusive workplaces. You will learn Safety Leadership Principles and have the opportunity to opt into Employee Networking Circles such as IPVets, IPride, Women in IP, and the African American ENC. We invite you to bring your uniqueness, creativity, talents, experiences, and safety mindset to be a part of our increasingly diverse culture.
The Company You Will Join:
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a leading global supplier of renewable fiber-based products. We produce corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods, and enable worldwide commerce, and pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal care products that promote health and wellness. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., we employ approximately 38,000 colleagues globally. We serve customers worldwide, with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, North Africa and Europe. Net sales for 2021 were $19.4 billion. In Russia, we have a 50/50 joint venture, Ilim Group, the country’s largest integrated manufacturer of pulp and paper. Additional information can be found by visiting InternationalPaper.com.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.