EMPLOYER: Industrial Automation Supply
Industrial Automation Supply, Inc (IAS) is a distributor of industry leading components and services for OEM’s, Engineering firms and end users. We are looking for an Electro-Mechanical Assembly intern to join our Systems Group. The Systems Group manufactures control enclosures and assemblies specific to our customers’ design requirements.
The Electro-Mechanical Assembly intern will gain experience in various aspects related to the manufacturing of custom control panels and assemblies, including wiring, building, labeling, panel layout and setup, panel wiring, etc.
This opportunity will develop more than a working knowledge of control panel assembly as general assembly practices. Candidates will gain a solid background in assembly, wiring and working with tools related to panel assembly and industrial automation systems.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, customers, and vendors
• Strives to continuously improve quality and productivity through identifying own training and tool needs
• Must be detail oriented and strive for quality workmanship
• Other duties may be assigned as required
NOT QUALIFICATIONS AS MUCH AS SKILLS GAINED:
• Reading and interpreting schematics and drawings and work instructions
• Identifying electrical panel components from schematic
• Learning to lay out panel designs based on customer drawings
• Constructing wire bundles
• Wiring devices in accordance with drawing and work instructions
• Preparing panels for testing and shipping
• Experience with panel fabrication and build practices, component layout, electrical enclosures, electrical assemblies, controls, and wiring
How to Apply:
Contact: Nicholas LeBel
Phone: (207) 347-1928