EMPLOYER: Hussey Seating CompanyWebsite
As a Technical Specialist (Drafter), this person will be responsible for drafting telescopic platform and fixed chair seating solutions to satisfy specific customer requirements. This individual will review the product requirements on customer orders and will determine how best to utilize existing designs and new approaches to provide high quality, cost effective product solutions.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Incorporates architectural drawing information, sales order product information and specified customer requirements to draft seating layout submittal drawings for customer review and approval. Responsible for ensuring that seating layouts meet the requirements of the applicable building code.
· Works with customer service and project managers to obtain all product, building, and finish information required to configure and release orders to manufacturing on time.
· Works with applications engineering to develop custom design solutions as required to meet customer and project specific design requirements. Assists with completion of all order related product testing.
· Utilizes 2D and 3D CAD software to create manufacturing and installation drawing packages. (AutoCAD 2021 and Inventor 2021 preferred)
· Schedules material and parts for the manufacturing and installation of Upholstered Chair, Stadium Seating, and Telescopic platform seating orders.
· Contributes towards continuous improvement objectives, both personal and business related.
COMPETENCIES: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
· Proficiency with Inventor, AutoCAD and MS Office.
· Working knowledge with any major MRP/ERP application preferred.
· Basic knowledge of Life and Safety Codes is a plus.
· Experience in metal, furniture, or fixture fabrication a plus.
· Knowledge of sheet metal bending, notching and punching. Knowledge of sheet metal and structural welding standards.
· Ability to multitask and succeed in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
· Strong mechanical aptitude.
· Desire and ability to work in a team-based environment.
· Ability to plan and prioritize work, make commitments, and mange several concurrent projects through to completion in a timely fashion.
· Ability to participate in and lead initiatives to improve the way work is completed within the Engineering Team.
· Desire for continuous learning, willing to accept new challenges and ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment.
· Associate degree in drafting or related discipline or 5 years drafting experience.