EMPLOYER: Gorrill-Palmer Consulting EngineersWebsite
We are looking for a CAD Designer that is proficient in AutoDesk software. If you have a passion for civil engineering design and preparing high quality civil engineering design plans and graphics, please contact us. We are looking for a motivated designer/technician who respects and enjoys collaborating with engineering and technical staff. Our office in South Portland is close to the iconic Maine coast, Southern Maine food scene, and all the other benefits that have made Southern Maine a great place to live. If this sounds intriguing, please contact us to schedule an interview.
This position requires the ability to work with engineers to prepare quality civil design plans and supporting graphics. Knowledge in the principles and practices of preparing quality CAD plans and graphics is critical. The primary focus of this position is municipal civil engineering design, including roadway, utility, multimodal, and site plans.
As an essential member of the Municipal Group, the successful candidate will be responsible for using AutoDesk AEC software, including Civil 3D, AutoCAD, Vehicle Tracking, and other applications to prepare civil engineering plans and graphics. You will also assist engineers with preparing quantity takeoffs, opinions of probable construction cost, and graphics for proposals, design reports, and permit applications.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Associates degree in Architecture & Engineering Design or equivalent
· 2 or more years of relevant experience in municipal civil infrastructure drafting
· Knowledge and experience with municipal civil infrastructure drafting standards and design
· Knowledge of AutoDesk AEC software, especially Civil 3D and Vehicle Tracking
· Knowledge of other graphics software such as Adobe Suite is desired
· Knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS is desired
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Diligence and commitment to quality
· Taking initiative and willing to take responsibility
· Willingness to work in a dynamic office environment