Intern, Electrical Engineering Technician – Clean Energy
EMPLOYER: Generac Power SystemsWebsite
Join Generac Clean Energy as we drive to build energy solutions for a more resilient, sustainable world.
Generac Clean Energy combines the speed and excitement of a technology startup with the resources and market power of an S&P 500 industry leader. Our careers offer boundless opportunity for energetic, mission-driven applicants who seek challenge and impact in a fast-paced culture of teaching, learning, and professional growth, developing solar + storage products and software for the clean energy revolution.
This opening is in our South Portland, ME location, ranked Top 10 in Places to Live by U.S. News. Join a friendly community surrounded by rocky coast, sandy beaches, and rugged mountains, with outdoor fun (boating, skiing, hiking) and attractive small-city life (booming restaurant/craft beer scene, historic neighborhoods, thriving arts and culture).
This position is located in South Portland, Maine.
● Assist with processing, screening, and debugging of field returns
● Support engineering teams in building and assembling bench test setups and fixtures
● Work with teammates to run various electrical tests
● Record and process test and measurement data
● Assist in lab organization, cleanup and equipment maintenance
● Build or modify PCBAs or subassemblies
● High School Diploma
● Actively enrolled in a 2- or 4- year electrical engineering or engineering technology program
● Understanding of basic electrical concepts
● Read and interpret electrical and electronic schematics
● Operate electrical test and measurement tools such as digital volt meters, oscilloscopes and power supplies
● Experience with data collection and laboratory notebook record keeping
● Comfortable with basic wiring tools and methods
● Knowledge of soldering
● Proficiency with basic mechanical assembly tools
● Basic knowledge of software
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend, or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”