EMPLOYER: Cumberland CountyWebsite
JOB PURPOSE: Oversees, conducts and implements the total vehicle maintenance program of Cumberland County’s vehicles by performing routine maintenance and repairs.
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Two (2) years or more working as an automotive mechanic.
· Certifications essential to perform duties.
· Must have the ability to understand and carry out orders.
· Federal license on air conditioning required or acquired within one (1) year.
· Must have a valid State of Maine inspection license class A & E.
· Valid State of Maine driver’s license.
· All new hires shall provide documentation to Human Resources that they are fully vaccinated for Covid-19 before they are cleared to start work.
· Assures first class condition of all motor vehicles by maintaining and repairing them, as required.
· Maintains a preventative maintenance system by keeping accurate maintenance and repair records on all vehicles.
· Assures adequate parts inventory by reordering inventory of supplies and materials used.
· Maintains current vehicle registrations as required by state statute.
· Ensures all vehicles are inspected and have current inspection certificates as required by state statute.
· Assures equipment transfer to new vehicles including radios, cellular phones, sirens, light bars, radar brackets, video equipment, protective screens and all other authorized equipment installed in cruisers.
· Ensures quantity and quality for tires for the entire fleet, stocks tire inventory and changes tires, as needed.
· Maintains a safe working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Maintains a safe and clean working environment by ensuring all work areas are returned to the highest level of cleanliness, free of all tools, parts and equipment before leaving the job site.
· Meets preventative maintenance schedule by performing vehicle maintenance.
· Meets state requirements by obtaining and maintaining the State of Maine inspection license class A&E.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed.
· Demonstrates an understanding of the county’s safety policies and practices by attending required safety programs; reporting all accidents and suspected safety hazards to the Facilities Director/Safety Coordinator.
· Performs vehicle light body repair and fabrication including replacing of light assemblies, bumper covers, etc.
· Performs small engine repairs on snow blowers, generators, lawn mowers, and other small equipment.
· Performs air conditioner service, including AC condensers.
· Performs exhaust repair.
· Participates in snow removal as needed.
· Fulfills job function by participating as an active member in training; performing other responsibilities, as assigned.
· Willing to respond to after hour calls related to vehicle breakdowns and service.
Cumberland County offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package and is proud of its talented and dedicated workforce. Come join our team and culture of engaged employees. Our strong management team is dedicated to providing employees with inspiring leadership, a positive and friendly workplace, support, encouragement and the necessary tools for success. We offer tuition reimbursement, wellness program, and professional development and training opportunities.
The position is a 40-hour a week position, with a full benefits package. Pay commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications accepted until position is filled. To download an employment application, please visit www.cumberlandcounty.org/Jobs
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter, resume, PREA form and Employment Application via mail, fax, or email to:
Human Resource Department
142 Federal Street, Suite 110
Portland, Maine 04101
FAX: (207) 871-8378
Cumberland County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.