Substation Technician Apprentice
· Assist in installing, repair, and testing all types of electrical and/or mechanical apparatus, including transformers, regulators, control equipment, relays, and other substations equipment, and to a limited extent, line and protective relaying equipment.
· Works under supervision on or adjacent to energized equipment per the safety standards.
· Obtains a general knowledge of substation equipment and works with the tools, equipment, and instrument of the trade.
· Learns to prepare such records as necessary and become familiar with switching procedures and operation of substation equipment.
· Work from blueprints, instruction manuals, schematics, and manufacturer’s bulletins, to install, layout, repair, and/or maintain all electrical or mechanical systems pertaining to apparatus equipment.
· Must be able to work from elevated structures.
· Must be able to work in inclement weather.
· Performs other duties as assigned.