· Observe and practice all corporate safety policies and procedures.
· Recognize and control the hazards involved in working in a substation.
· Interprets electrical construction blueprints and Elementary Drawings.
· Install electrical below and above grade raceways and wiring.
· Installation of equipment related to metering, communication systems, and relaying systems which include electro-mechanical and solid-state electronic types where applicable.
· Performs all phases of installation, maintenance, repair, and inspection of electrical and instrumentation systems and service work.
· Installs, repairs, and maintains electrical motors, complex electronic devices, control panels, relays, conduit, and switches ensuring proper electrical operation.
· Uses meter and motor testing equipment.
· Ability to understand control schematics.
· Ability to read and understand installation instructions and wiring diagrams for basic equipment.
· Ability to check phasing through a system.