The Center for Workforce and Professional Development at CMCC offers affordable customized training, continuing education and professional development programs that provide businesses and employees the skills needed to compete in today’s ever-changing business environment.
Free Training Opportunities
CMCC has received funding through the Harold Alfond Foundation to provide FREE COMPUTER TRAINING for CompTIA A+ Certification! If you are considering a career as a technical support specialist, a field service technician or as an IT support specialist, the CompTIA A+ course is the industry standard for establishing a career in IT. This course is designed to prepare students for the CompTIA A+ 220-1001 and 220-1002 exams.
- Cohort 1: October 26, 2021 – January 6, 2022, Tues & Thurs, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Cohort 2: January 18 – April 5, 2022, Tues & Thurs, 5:00 – 8:55 p.m.
- Cohort 3: April 20 – June 22, 2022, Mon & Wed, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Cohort 4: July 12 – Sept 15, 2022, Tues & Thurs, 12:30 – 4:30 p.m.
General Public Offerings
Online classes are a great way to learn while working around your busy life. We offer hundreds of highly interactive online classes through our online partners, ed2go and MindEdge.
CWPD provides consultation and customized workforce training solutions to upgrade employee skills that help employers improve quality, productivity, and profitability.
- Customized Workforce Training
- Maine Quality Centers – Grant-Funded Training
- Submit a Job Opening
- Recruiting Resources Flyer
- Contact Us
Work for Us
Interested in sharing your professional knowledge with our community through courses or customized training? Let’s Talk!
Center for Testing & Assessment
Placement Exams, Prior Learning Assessments, Industry Certifications — The CMCC Center for Testing & Assessment is used for administering computer-based academic and vocational exams. Tests are administered by appointment only and are available to the public.