100% Online Human Services
Earn your degree in Human Services while enjoying the convenience and flexibility of an online program. The Human Services degree prepares graduates for entry-level positions in areas of substance abuse, mental health, developmental disabilities, child and adolescent services, and gerontology. Choose from a Human Services or Addiction Specialization advising pathway.
Online students enjoy our full support, with access to online tutoring, research help, advising, and financial aid.
Upon completion of the nine courses identified by italics, students are eligible for certification as a MHRT/C technician (Mental Health Rehabilitation Technician/Community).
STUDENTS GAIN EXPERIENCE IN:
- Basic counseling skills necessary to establish collaborative relationships with clients and families
- Formal and informal support systems available in the community
- Analyzing problems and using appropriate methods in collaboration with others in the treatment of individual, family, group, and community human services problems
- Awareness of challenges faced by clients with regard to human-rights issues, financial problems, administrative/legal hurdles, and other issues and concerns
- Ethical responsibility and abiding by standards governing the field of human services
- Establishing and maintaining continuing education to grow and maintain professional competence
GRADUATES MAY PURSUE CAREERS AS:
- Activity Therapist Associates
- Addiction Counselors
- Crisis Counselors
- Human Development Associates
- Mental Health Associates
- Rehabilitation Workers
- Family Workers
- Activity Director/Associates
- Volunteer Coordinators
EMPLOYMENT MAY BE FOUND AT:
- Community Mental Health Centers
- Social services and Mental Health Programs
- Senior Assistant Facilities
- Substance Abuse Facilities
This program has preregistration and practicum site requirements. Please see the College Catalog for all program details and requirements. Criminal or child protective history could jeopardize an individual’s ability to meet all requirements of the program.