Judy Frost and Judi Moreno would be happy to come to your class. We will tailor our presentations to your specific class needs. Please contact us or drop in to see us to schedule a presentation and to discuss presentation topics The following examples are some of the typical instruction options.
Searching Electronic Resources
- Searching and requesting in Minerva and MaineCat
- Using the electronic journal databases effectively
- Specialized searching for resources related to a course or program
- Using Noodlebib to create and manage citations
- Distinguishing between popular and scholarly books and journals
- Evaluating web site sources found using Google, Yahoo, or Bing
Need to put material on reserve for your students? Bring the material to the Library. We have a quick form for you to fill out, including:
- Instructor Name
- Course # (e.g. ENG 101)
- Course Name (e.g. Intro to Business)
- How long you would like students to be able to check out the materials (4 hours, 1 day, 3 weeks, 1 week)
- Special Instructions
Access to the MARVEL! and Maine InfoNet Download Library (Overdrive) databases requires a current and activated ID. If you are pushed for time and find something at the following libraries (Auburn Public Library, Lewiston Public Library or USM LA College), you may walk into these libraries and use you CM ID to check out resources. Please use this privilege responsibly! For more on borrowing and renewing material, click here.